Videos from MiG-29 PFM testing

Yo-Yo

• ED Team
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Very very nice. Question for Yo-Yo : Do you have curvatures set ? When you flying mig 29 ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I might be doing something wrong but mine doesnt seem to baheve like in your videos...why is your stick almost constantly being pulled even when the plane is flying leveled? do you use negative trim or zero trim? I cant see it well in the videos.

thanks!

Hi there,

Try to delete input folder on your save game and bind all again.

Saludos.

Hi there,

Try to delete input folder on your save game and bind all again.

Saludos.

Did that before loading after update. It doesn't seem to make any change. I also deleted defaults in the /MODS... folder and ran a repair.

No joy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Good stuff. Thanks Yo-Yo. I really need to practice, practice, practice. Im still having difficulty hitting the right AoA and speed on approach and balancing that out with a low enough sink rate.

Oh well, more touch and go's for me :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Nice videos, Yo-Yo!

It's a joy to fly and to learn the new PFM. The Mig-29 has quickly become my favorite of the FC3 planes (I guess the Su-27 will stay grounded a lot more often now). :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Shame you didn't leave your controls indicator on there (ALT+ENTER) would have loved to see what you were doing with the stick and throttle during some parts of those landings.

Im really struggling.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Shame you didn't leave your controls indicator on there (ALT+ENTER) would have loved to see what you were doing with the stick and throttle during some parts of those landings.

Im really struggling.

Only for you! :joystick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6fUjz3XYsI

DCS World wishlist: Flaming Cliffs style Su 27SM and Mig 31! In game voice communication and better netcode!

...BTW I've never seen "the bar" in cockpit view... how's that done?

lyra.png lyra.png lyra.png lyra.png

There's an option about that, in one of OPTIONS pages. Check it out.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• ED Team
Very nice, I'm assuming this is from the real-life MiG-29 pilot?

Nevertheless, very smooth control of the aircraft!

First two videos. The third is mine. It was a kind of a competion who would be first landing the plane wigh ny<2 :).

Actually 1.6-1.7 is normal for RL.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
Very very nice. Question for Yo-Yo : Do you have curvatures set ? When you flying mig 29 ?

Never. Even for the throttle, but if somebody has trouble with the small idle-maxmum travel, it's a good idea to try up to -30 curvature for the SLIDER.

Ok. Thank you.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• 3 years later...

Hi! I'm looking for one of the earliest WIP videos of MiG-29 PFM. A plain one but effective. The mig was going towards the camera in a very dynamic horizontal S pattern. The video was allegedly recorded by you, Yo-Yo, if I remember correctly. Can anyone drop a link please.

• 6 months later...