Bonus Points

Baaz

I really want to say that I'm the owner of Heatblur's F-14 module. It's really killing me to know that I'm not. The reason for that, is ED's policy on bonus points.

Currently I have almost $30 worth. Through ED the Early Access F-14 is discounted at 13% (in reality it calculates out to 12.5%), saving me $10.00. But if I wait till the F-14 is out of EA I can save as much as 30%, or $23.99 (or $23.997 to be exact) for the exact same bird, though supposedly, without all the bugs and headaches that plague EA (yeah right).

So, my question to ED is: why? Why give people the bonus points if you're not going to let them use them?? I earned the points by paying full price for modules. You're policy states that I earn 20% upon the purchase of a full price module, and can use up to 30% when purchasing another module somewhere down the line with those accumulated points.

I can understand not allowing anyone to use more than 30% of the cost of the module in points. I get it. I really do. You need to cover your costs. But, if you're going to set policy stating that I can use up to 30%, then let us, your customer do just that.

You discounted the F-14 at 13% for EA, so let me use up to an additional 17% in points. If you're going to have us, your customers, beta test everything for you FOR FREE, and deal with all the headaches and bugs that come with that, the least you could do is show us some compassion by allowing us to save every penny we can. Please consider changing your policy. In its current state, it just doesn't make any sense.

Respectfully,

A Future F-14 Module Owner

AFAIK there's no requirement for a module being out of EA to apply bonus.

The Harrier is still in EA while bonus can be applied to it, though 20% only.

Just checked & I can only get 20% bonus on ie. Yak-52 & some other modules but not 30%.

So yeah, the 30% bonus isn't honored really!

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

AFAIK there's no requirement for a module being out of EA to apply bonus.

The Harrier is still in EA while bonus can be applied to it, though 20% only.

Just checked & I can only get 20% bonus on ie. Yak-52 & some other modules but not 30%.

So yeah, the 30% bonus isn't honored really!

Bonus points cannot be applied to a product if that product is already being discounted. That's where the issue lies. The product is being discounted at a rate less than the maximum allowable for bonus points usage. If we as the customer has the bonus points available, we should be allowed to use them up to the maximum allowable discount.

EDIT: I could get the 30% on Yak-52 at full price. I thought the bonus was the nr under the price on the main page.

But when I agreed to the purchase I could use the 30% bonus, so yes it can be used :lol:.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.