Raspberry Pi

I have a version 3 B+

It has sat idle for some time.

Tonight I installed the Pi os. Free,

We have a desktop!

I next proceeded to browse the ED forums with the included web browser!

(No set up required, works "right out of the box" )

(See the raspberry in the upper left corner, attached pic)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/

Included in the os,

Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware. An operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your Raspberry Pi run. However, Raspbian provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 35,000 packages, pre-compiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

There are programming languages including,

Python,

HTML5

JavaScript

JQuery

Java

C Programming language

C++

Perl

Erlang

Among others. *edit*

Lua 5.1

Comes with,

HDMI port, Full HD

USB ports

Cat 5 port

Audio out

Micro sd card slot (I have 16 gb)

I have just begun to explore this wonderful little computer.

37.00 us amazon, May be cheaper, Shop around.

https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Pi-RASPBERRYPI3-MODB-1GB-Model-Motherboard/dp/B01CD5VC92/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1539307540&sr=1-3&keywords=raspberry+pi

FYI

And NO!

It will not run DCS...........SIGH.............

I think I need more ram...........:doh:

Pi%20%20Ed.JPG?dl=0

827714288_PiEd.thumb.JPG.f1ee39150fa2518fe4e78ab1d4795cb0.JPG

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Yep. It is a really amazing device, especially when you consider it's size. Been playing with various flavors of Linux for twenty years.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I use a Raspberry Pi to manage my 3D printer. They're awesome little units. I also use the same device whenever I want to tinker in Linux. I just VNC over to it via my gamer PC.

https://octoprint.org/

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

There are a few ppl out there that have worked magic with the Raspberry Pi, and one person took it to a whole new level with a Learjet flight simulator built with a few raspberry pi computers linked up. A friend of mine is really big into this, Ill see if I can find that learjet simulator.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

And then theres this too...

https://www.newsweek.com/artificial-...ilot-ai-475291

Holy Sh*t!!!:D

So now I'm thinking.......Oh-Oh...............

How do we interface a Pi with DCS bios?

Imagine.........

If the Pi could see and process the bios commands,

And then output to......

Sound system

Vibration system

Motion platform

Any of the many sensors and actuators available

And......?

Wireless?

Boggles the mind thinking of the possibilities......

But I won't let that stop me.......:lol:

Time to brain storm.............

Thanks for that link.....

Awesome!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Holy Sh*t!!!:D

So now I'm thinking.......Oh-Oh...............

How do we interface a Pi with DCS bios?

Imagine.........

If the Pi could see and process the bios commands,

And then output to......

Sound system

Vibration system

Motion platform

Any of the many sensors and actuators available

And......?

Wireless?

Boggles the mind thinking of the possibilities......

But I won't let that stop me.......:lol:

Time to brain storm.............

Thanks for that link.....

Awesome!

That’s the spirit! Now port DCS to Linux so we can get away from M$FT! :D

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know it can -and has been- done in XP10 and 11, and FSX/P3D***. Im not positive it can be done in DCS, but I know they can control Adruino boards too and they operate on their own operating system independently.

My wallpaper and skins

That’s the spirit! Now port DCS to Linux so we can get away from M$FT! :D

Indeed! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control