Large 'flat spot' in throttle travel?

Aluminum Donkey

A few people have brought this up, is it gonna get looked at? You reach 100% RPM at about 40-50% of the HOTAS throttle travel, and it stays there up to about 2/3 to 3/4 of the travel, and the rest, of course, is afterburner.

So, there's a large dead spot between full Mil power and the beginning of the AB range that does nothing.

Supposed to be like this, or something to tidy up in the future?

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Same, I was just mucking around with the mig29 and was wondering what was going on with the throttle. For me it was like most of the range sat the engine around 80% RPM and then the last bit of throttle travel put it into afterburner. Unless of course, that's what it is supposed to be like?

I think for example warthog users maybe they were trying to make it easier to control the stages of the afterburner. I think the intent was to have your power from idle to full mil happen quickly so there’s space to separate the first AB stage which happens when you hit the detent, and the next stage over the detent, and the last at max travel. Important for fuel, the first AB stage IMHO is the most useful

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

All discussion aside, it still sucks to have a big dead spot in the throttle travel from full Mil to first afterburning stage. It makes throttle control too vague.

A very small range of throttle travel between full Mil and low AB would be best--just the way it was done on the Su-27. The dead spot on the MiG-29 is far too large.

Please ED, iron this out! :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

As soo many other things that should have been fixed/added by ED, a simple AB "set" like in Falcon 4.0 would work wonders in DCS.

But yeah, searched for an easy fix for the throttle, as the AG kicks in at 40% or thereabouts... sheesh...

As soo many other things that should have been fixed/added by ED, a simple AB "set" like in Falcon 4.0 would work wonders in DCS.

But yeah, searched for an easy fix for the throttle, as the AG kicks in at 40% or thereabouts... sheesh...

I agree, I'd *love* an AB set function for all the aircraft that have AB. Why it's not there I don't know.

Anyway, I try to avoid using hardware mods to my HOTAS just to iron out a shortcoming in one module--especially when I have to undo it to fly other ones :)

AD

Kit: