Maverick MFD export too dark (a10c)

My TGP is near perfect on my 7" external LCDs behind my cougar MFD's. It matches up with the cockpit display. My Maverick MFD on the other hand seeker display on my external LCD's is near black. I can swap the TGP between the two external 7" monitors and it's perfect. The maverick is near black on both of them. The cockpit mav display looks like it should.

This is just the seeker head view, the rest of the stuff (overlays, OSB button labels) are perfect.

Anyone else experience this?

It’s 100% normal for the AGM-65D. The seeker head for the D model is returning exactly what it is seeing...an infrared image. This is why the AGM-65D works in bad weather and at night or when your above the cloud layer.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

It’s 100% normal for the AGM-65D. The seeker head for the D model is returning exactly what it is seeing...an infrared image. This is why the AGM-65D works in bad weather and at night or when your above the cloud layer.

It’s not normal.

The external display should match the cockpit display.

Sorry, I miss read your issue. Don,t have any idea why that’s happening. I run two 7” displays for my MFCDs as well but never had an issue as you have described.

If I might suggest... Try adjusting the contrast and brightness of your small screens until the Mav page reads well. Then check your tgp and tad pages. It may be your tgp and tad pages are not that affect by the change.

Otherwise...:dunno:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

This is a result of the new deferred rendering engine. In DCS 1.5, the exported panels match the primary screen, but in DCS 2.2+, they use a new rendering system that takes gamma into account for the primary screen, but not for the exported screens. There's also a color tint that's applied to the final image, which will also tint the MFD displays.

As a result, you'll notice 2 things for all aircraft that can export a display:

1. Colors will be different across the primary and exported screens. Green text on the exported display is your typical green, but looks more blueish-green on the primary display. Red and yellow text will appear more orange and light-yellow on the primary screen.

2. The primary display will always be significantly brighter than the exported displays.

The color tint can be disabled by editing DCS World\Bazar\shaders\deferred\Tonemap.fx and commenting out everything from line 105 to line 110:

/* disable color grading
if(flags & TONEMAP_FLAG_COLOR_GRADING)
{
   float gradingFactor = 1.0;
   screenColor = lerp(screenColor, ColorGrade(screenColor, uv/pixelSize), gradingFactor);
}
*/

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix the difference in brightness.

• 11 months later...

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix the difference in brightness.

Thanks for your help. I might add that if you do that, then the game will lament that the file was modified and stop working.

This "issue" is very prominent on the Viper now.

Fun-fact: if you open the TGP and switch to external views..then suddenly the the exported displays work as intended (no longer dark..)

Pic1: BHOT

img_7022.JPG

Pic2: WHOT in cockpit

img_7023.JPG

Pic3: WHOT while external views..

img_7024.JPG

Anybody found a solution for that`?

Cheers

Khregrow

Edited by Khegrow
added pics

Can you provide a link?

[WIP] F-16C MPCD's too dark - Need BRT and CON working

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=74365&share_tid=251670&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D251670&share_type=t&link_source=app

But I’m not sure if Devs are working only for F-16 or universal setup. Hoping it’s about the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm facing similar issue (A10C). MFDs darker then on main display but when switch view to outside screens change to correct brightness/contrast. Meanwhile as a workaround I upped the gamma in the Nvidia screen settings for my MFDs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

• 4 months later...