Deadzones, adjust positive and negative deadzones individually.

Arbil

I would love the ability to be able to do this in DCS. I need to be able to set just the positive y value (pushing the stick forward) and negative x value (rolling left wing down) with deadzones. My stick is starting to feel really bad and being able to set the positive and negative values for each axis individually would make a gigantic difference for me.

Edit: found another thread requesting the same thing from earlier this year.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204104&highlight=Deadzone

Edited by Arbil
Adding another thread

Custom curve does essentially that if you're willing to play with the values. It helps to know that arrow keys increment by 1 if that slider was moved last.

To be non-symmetrical you'll have to check the "slider" box otherwise it mirrors around the 50% point.

Custom curve does essentially that if you're willing to play with the values. It helps to know that arrow keys increment by 1 if that slider was moved last.

To be non-symmetrical you'll have to check the "slider" box otherwise it mirrors around the 50% point.

What you described here is not capable of accomplishing what I, or the person in the thread I linked, asked for, but thanks for the reply.

Are you sure? It's not perfect but this is what I could do with custom curve.

There is also another tactic: calibrate the controller so that the deadzone is symmetrical. If your current center play is from -7 to +27 then it's possible to recalibrate a device so that the new center point is at the value that's currently +10. Then the new center play would be from -17 to +17 and thus symmetrical.

It's possible to calibrate using the normal way with careful input or manually edit the calibration values to force this result.

Untitled-1.png.ec2fd65a9dc53875c6cd422f943a5173.png

Are you sure? It's not perfect but this is what I could do with custom curve.

There is also another tactic: calibrate the controller so that the deadzone is symmetrical. If your current center play is from -7 to +27 then it's possible to recalibrate a device so that the new center point is at the value that's currently +10. Then the new center play would be from -17 to +17 and thus symmetrical.

It's possible to calibrate using the normal way with careful input or manually edit the calibration values to force this result.

Thank you very much. The image helped me understand what you meant much more clearly. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I think I've got it feeling significantly improved now, thanks a bunch.