VrZoom Cheating???

luichek

Hello, 3 weeks ago I decided to remove my Vr zoom keybind from my Hotas thinking that I was losing realism. It may been a wrong decision because we Do have a handicap looking at our screens and not at the more accurate reality and even get worse in VR but I didn't like the feeling of being all the time using it. Don't know it's best to wait until next Gen vr appears with better resolution screens or the Tgp to get rid of the vrZoom "help".

Thanks in advance, luichek

Enviado desde mi SM-T560 mediante Tapatalk

Cheating :D

Its waaay harder to spot in VR then w/o. Even with the zoom

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

What is this binding called? Is it exclusive to VR? I was looking for a snap zoom button but I can't find one.

Its under UILayer in the control options drop down, where you select a module. I believe its just called VR Zoom.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

On a 2k resolution playing at 2D even at max zoom you cant spot anything....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Yeah, VR zoom just compensating for the shity res and SDE we have.

I am looking for a way to overcome the limited fov for checking 6. I noticed that it is just a few degrees which limits you to see behind when you turn as much as possible. If we can set sort of snap views with a bit offset to the left or to the right, so you can press a button snap view a bit to the right, then turn your head all the way right and voalaa. But I don't know if this is currently possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zoom in general should be removed, unless we're issued binoculars with the plane we're flying.

it should be removed if ED implement its spotting system, now you cant see shit.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

If VR zoom was removed it would render dcs useless for me too. Cockpit labels are unreadable and spotting ground/air units, sometimes even airports is impossible. Dont like it, dont use it. I wish VR displays were cheaper and with better resolution, also gpus were more powerful and cheaper, but we are very far from that. Also, most ground attack airplanes that I know the pilots have binos to assist.

At 3440x1440 on a 35 inch monitor, I can't see a damn thing on the ground at anything greater than maybe 1nm on something like an SA-3 launcher, nor can I see an aircraft against the sky at more than about 4nm.

Zoom is one of the workarounds for the unreality of using a monitor to view the world.