Request: Sensor and Weapons List

Horns

I think it would be helpful to have a definitive list of sensors and weapons like the one ED did for the F/A-18. I know this question has been asked and answered a bunch of times but it would be great to be able to refer potential buyers to a single source for consistency and ease. Beyond that, I think it could save Heatblr, the mods, the people who frequent this sub forum and potential customers unnecessary time and effort.

If such a list already exists, maybe it can be stickied so people are able to easily find it. Before I wrote this I searched the F-14 sub forum for “sensor list” (without the quotes) but no such list was returned.

If there is a reason Heatblur are reluctant to do this that’s fine, just thought I’d put this out there.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I think the closest I've seen so far is in the product description here (and I guess the same on HB's site): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/tomcat/

This bit lists most of the sensors and weapons:

Simulation of the AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) featuring:

A custom model of the AN/AWG-9 radar featuring Pulse Search, Pulse Doppler Search, Range-While-Scan and Track-While-Scan modes as well as both pulse and pulse doppler Single Target Track (STT) modes.

The ability to prepare and launch the AIM-54 Phoenix, both at single targets and at up to six targets simultaneously using the TWS mode.

The Television Camera Set (TCS) allowing visual identification of targets in Beyond Visual Range (BVR) situations.

The Link-4 datalink allowing reception of tracks from an E-2 AWACS or a surface unit.

The complete F-14A and B Tomcat payload, including AIM-7, AIM-9 and AIM-54 air to air missiles, various dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon.

A functional simulation of the LANTIRN designator pod, allowing the RIO to guide laser guided munitions dropped by the pilot or other aircraft (buddy-lasing).

The Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS), allowing the player to fulfil the aerial photographic reconnaissance mission. *

The only thing we're missing I guess is a break-out of specifically which variants of the AA missiles, bombs, rockets and extras (like the TALD) we can expect.

I agree that the list looks pretty complete, but the use of the words “featuring” and “including” suggest the list isn’t exhaustive, especially to someone who wants to believe a particular item might be included and isn’t clear on the variant and time period restrictions.

I guess we can refer people to the store list and say “if it’s not on the list don’t expect it”, so if HB are prepared to answer the occasional question (and in my experience they always are) I agree nothing further is needed :)

Edited by Horns
Fix cut and paste mistake

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)