Can't fly level (trim not working?)

I've seen a few threads to that regard, but nothing helped.

If I try to fly level, the spit always noses up so hard that after a few secs I make a loop.

I trim nose down all the way (animation on the wheel is shown) but NO difference.

Nose full up trim - exactely the same behaviour. It seems as the trim has no effect whatsoever.

I have changed axis a few times, also checked if there's some input but nothing works.

Help is much apprechiated :helpsmilie::)

Check the elevator trim gauge on the bottom left of the cockpit. Also when you are on the ground go to the external view and see if there are any changes to the elevators while you operate the trim.

If you see no changes you probably have an issue with mapping. If it is you should probably see the mappings red. You should re-assign them and restart DCS. After that it should work. I hope this helps.

Edited by Lieuie

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Still the plane always goes nose up and no reaction to trim inputs. The trim wheel (on the down left) does spin accordingly to my inputs but the plane doesn't care.

Also setting up alternate axis and buttons have the same effect.

I do see movement of the elevator trim tabs in outside view when trimming however. But as I said, the have no effect.

I use a X52 Hotas and have no problems with all other planes/sims in that regard.

Has a re-install ever helped with that sort of thing?

Thx jcomm, but I have done that, only ONE axis is for pitch and only ONE for trim - there's no other button or axis for the same task. Also I would see the input via the white line in the controller assign menu so I assume I can rule that one out...

Its strange but it works with every other plane I use only not with the Spit.

Can't wrap my head around it...

JG4, culd you ( at you own risk... ) delete all of the settings for the Spitfire under the "Saved Games" folder of your windows account ( assuming you're on win 10 ) ?

Supposedly it will rebuild it from scratch. Yes you will have to go through the tedious assignment of your axis and buttons, but maybe you get it sorted out that way ?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Could you make a screenshot of the controls indicator ( <LCtrl><Enter> ) with the elevator trimmed nose down, and post it here?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thank you guys for your help!

There was no input shown when I pressed ctrl+enter, however, when I disconnected all my other devices the trim finally worked!

I had to re-configure my X52 Stick after that (even though I didn't even disconnected the stick...) So I guess the program though my steering wheel was the Stick, even though the wheel wasn't even connected to electricity. And it only happened to the Spit. And no input shown with ctrl+enter. Very strange...

Now it works though, thank you again for help folks, and happy flying! :-)

cheers,

Sputnik

• 1 month later...
Thank you guys for your help!

There was no input shown when I pressed ctrl+enter, however, when I disconnected all my other devices the trim finally worked!

I had to re-configure my X52 Stick after that (even though I didn't even disconnected the stick...) So I guess the program though my steering wheel was the Stick, even though the wheel wasn't even connected to electricity. And it only happened to the Spit. And no input shown with ctrl+enter. Very strange...

Now it works though, thank you again for help folks, and happy flying! :-)

cheers,

Sputnik

I recently bought the Spitfire also and discovered the same thing with the up and down trim controls. When changing the trim settings, I can see the trim wheel moving, but the plane upward movement does not change. Additionally, when viewing trim tabs on the ground, only the elevator trim tabs move. The trim tabs that control up and down movement on the tail horizontal surface do not move at all. Although, the trim wheel does rotate.

Edited by Gpruitt54

I recently bought the Spitfire also and discovered the same thing with the up and down trim controls. When changing the trim settings, I can see the trim wheel moving, but the plane upward movement does not change. Additionally, when viewing trim tabs on the ground, only the elevator trim tabs move. The trim tabs that control up and down movement on the tail horizontal surface do not move at all. Although, the trim wheel does rotate.

The trim works quite well, maybe check you're input setting and make sure you're not doubled up in the setting axis and check all the inputs for view in all tab, and in general tab title. also make sure you're not flying the spit game version.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||