Possible Bug with Target, Cougar HOTAS??

Hey Guys,

I am having a really weird issue with the F-18 and my Cougar.. I am using HomeFries' Target Profile and it is acting really weird ingame..

I first want to say the HOTAS Tests fine in the Device Analyzer and in the DCS Controls Panel. Everything works as it should in the Controls Panel and in Windows..

When I go into the game is where the trouble starts.. I have a X & Y Axis they work fine. The Throttle does nothing in the Pit and my Rudder Toe brakes control the axis even tho they are Not even mapped to anything..

I just reinstalled windows on an unrelated issue and DCS is a new install as well. I am unsure what is going on if this is a Bug with Target and DCS or somekind of other Glitch I am unsure..

I did try a Repair of DCS and I still had the same issue with the HOTAS After a repair.. IF anybody has an idea on what could be going on Please let me know..

This problem happens on Both Release and Beta DCS.. Here are my system specs:

1. Intel i5 7600K

2. MSI Z270 SLI

3. Corsair 16GB 3000mhz

4. Asus 1080GTX 411.16 drivers..

5. Thrustmaster Cougar.

6. Saitek Combat rudder pedals

7. Thrustmaster MFD Pack.

8. nVidia 3D Vision

I have never had this happen before and everything has always worked in this PC and I have had it for 2 years now.. So I don't believe it is hardware related..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Umm that is not the issue I only have what is needed mapped.. I know about say the MFD would also get Axis assignments but that is not the case Please read my post. I have used this Profile since it has been out. I had HomeFries check too see if it was all correct via TeamViewer.

I am no noob to DCS or this Profile, I just am not understanding how something that is not even mapped in game can control an axis ingame?? the Throttle is mapped and working in Control panel just does not work ingame with the F18..

Another thing I should note I have the Harrier installed and that all worked Fine No Problems.. Hopefully this better explains my issue ;)

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

OK, Guys this was not a bug or anything like that.. On a whim I decided to try reinstalling as Both versions had the same issue.

So I uninstalled both version and reinstalled the Beta and voila after I setup the controls it worked like it always had.. So I will chalk that up as an install that got corrupted.. What is weird a repair did not even fix it..

So thnx all and I can fly the F18 again.. another weird thing is that only the F18 was effected.. hehe!!

Thank you

Nephilim'