Thanks ED , for hearing us !

Svsmokey

Am most relieved to note that ED is attempting to deal with the bindings debacle . I'm referencing the general announcement posted today .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Dcs is forever in a beta state release or not many bugs will make release, to much oh look shiney shiney this is cool, Yes modules are in beta but dcs base game is not, Multi player is so poor i rarely fly i cant be bothered to spend an hour checking controls an hour re arming refuelling start flying then dcs crashes to do the process all over again, I garentee the controls bug will make release.

I’ve totally resigned of doing all my keybindings over until a fix is published. Hotas, tm mfd’s, several button boxes, in all, almost a complete hornet pit. This announcement came as godsent. THANK YOU ED and SHAME ON YOU for not giving a heads up for people to guard against the ”update”. My support ticket on the matter came up totally useless. ”Don’t use beta” was the advice. Please!!!! Most servers I fly on, use beta. So no MP, is that it? I think mostly this has been an attitude problem, not merely a tecnical one.

I totally understand the reason for consolidating the inputs for all modules. Also, it would be nice to have the same function to have the same name in all modules input screen. So that, for hypothetical example, Landing gear would be found under L, not G.

If and when this default keybinding thing is implemented again, I would wery much for it to be an OPTION!!!!!!!!! I’m not a coder, far from it, but I doubt it wouldn’t be too hard to do.

Well, family likes daddy not spending ANY time at all in dcs this weekend.

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

Even the DCS base game is in Beta most of the time since the devs aren't lazy and simply add more modules but continue to improve the base game (graphics engine, mission editor, Vulcan support to only name the most visible ones).

This is maybe a painful proccess from time to time but otherwise we would see the same stuff as with 1.5 and 2.0 again to soon. A new core version with lot of features that anybody will have but not get and a lot of overworked devs and testers that have to work on two versions.

I prefer the first version. Btw you can backup your input settings. Even this time it took only hours until Nineline gave a workaround to get rid of the new settings:music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're gonna fly Open Beta, then you're going to have to accept being a Guniea Pig from time to time...

Nature of the beast, eh?

While I agree with this, keybindings are a very touchy subject for flight simmers.

There's a reason why it's mentionned as the #1 rule in the "How to piss off a flight simmer" book.

- Delete keybindings

- Enjoy (from a safe distance)

:P

All your base belong to us. (me). If you are tired of these issues, please send me your (really good HOTAS... as mine is totally worn out, and could use yours if you quit… thanx...)..

back to the issue at hand....

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Having been in several developer environments involving product and upgrade cycles, I don't find anything shocking about bugs popping up in the beta branch of such a complex product. No need to warn people there might be a bug, it's intrinsic to the branch.

Yes, that's exactly what I'd say, if you don't like that use the stable version.

And sometimes, sure, a few bugs will remain in a stable version. I know little software that doesn't have its share of bugs. Even if you put non-regression tests in place, there are just so many combinations and so many corner cases that you can't expect a perfect product, it wouldn't be viable economically. Even in medical applications you will not find a perfect product.

So if anyone can point to a complex and bug-free software with constant improvements and additions of new modules, just show the link and let's understand how they achieve that. Only then perhaps can you criticize constructively and propose solutions ;)

The only part that I personally find more frustrating to deal with is the bug reporting, but that's something else entirely.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Well that’s just it! The backups didn’t work nor did the ”workaround”

Hmm, for me and a bunch of the guys in the F-18 forum it worked like a charm... if you had a backup of your bindings at least

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All your base belong to us. (me). If you are tired of these issues, please send me your (really good HOTAS... as mine is totally worn out, and could use yours if you quit… thanx...)..

back to the issue at hand....

Not saying quit but when ive brought all modules and campaigns to use which is the best patt £1000 with setup we as a consumer have the right to voice, I get bugs in beta alpha under development but release should be near on 100% its release for a reason, And like others tried work around new profiles, the thing is some controls i need that i cant actually use lol

Hmm, for me and a bunch of the guys in the F-18 forum it worked like a charm... if you had a backup of your bindings at least

YES I DID AND IT DID’T WORK.

”Backup your setting” or ”don’t use beta” , simply isn’t helpfull so no more ”advise” please. Thank you! And sorry if burst anyones bubble.

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

You know, after a hiatus of like 1.5 years, I want to return, I download the thing, aaand... Oh well, at least I can say that it's still the DCS I've known for years :P.

On the plus side, I would already have needed to re-do everything since I'm installing from scratch and would be playing with a different stick than the one I used to.

Still, regardless of being open beta or not, this will go live in "stable" version, and people will need to re-do most of their bindings again, which seem to happen every couple years or so in DCS.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Still, regardless of being open beta or not, this will go live in "stable" version, and people will need to re-do most of their bindings again, which seem to happen every couple years or so in DCS.

Welcome back ;)

Yes, it happens now and then, that's why the suggestion of a default config that is copied to a new, config-less module seemed to make sense, it would set the user's default mappings which usually cover more than half settings of each module (and that would remove all non-sensical mappings like buttons on pedals, POV or trimmers on thrust levers and so on, which take even more time in the config process than the actual remapping).

There is a default config, but I didn't find its purpose.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Getting back to the subject at hand, this is a thank you thread. Thank you ED for seeing this problem and I look forward to the fix.

That said. Anyone got a link to a discussion about consolidating the inputs for all modules?

One thing I see is that some Third Party Modules do not follow the same controls path that ED has. For instance, and I don't want to discuss it here, RAZBAM has not coded in CW and CCW keyboard encoder support.

If theres a discussion out there I would be happy to discuss it there.

Thanks again.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

YES I DID AND IT DID’T WORK.

”Backup your setting” or ”don’t use beta” , simply isn’t helpfull so no more ”advise” please. Thank you! And sorry if burst anyones bubble.

With this attitude you shouldn't be suprised if no one offers help anymore :doh:

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's too simple to understand.

I understand what happens if I don't touch my bindings, problem solved monday. I'm simply asking what happens if you DO. Will it stay? or be wiped after Hotfix? I've rebound one ac for the weekend, and would be willing to rebind a couple more, but would like to know if I'm causing myself more headaches down the road before doing so.