Fat HUD font?

Coming back to DCS in preparation for the arrival of the Tomcat and it's nice to feel excited about DCS again!

Going from a 1920x1080 res and adjusting the res to fill my 5896x1080 Eyefinity setup, I noticed that the cockpit fonts seem to have gained some thicc-ness to them. In the linked pic, it's not only the HUD but even the MFD fonts look a bit fatter. Anyone else experienced this? How can I fix this to return to the original font width?

Thanks in advance for any help!

r1USxuv.jpg

- Ice

VR users and those with High Resolution displays experience this... there is a fix but it will brake multiplayer integrity.

Open up the "MDG_StrokesDef.lua" and adjust some Numbers... it can be found here:

...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator

Here is my numbers for VR, you will have to change them for your liking... basically the "fuzziness" is whats causing the blurriness.. and if you want to be able to read the text on the moving map increase the amount of the fuzziness there... see below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

stroke_thickness = 1.0 --Thickness of Text and Objects on L/R DDIs & HUD

stroke_fuzziness = 0.1 --Blurriness of the edges/outline of the Text and Objects on L/R DDIs & HUD

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 2.5 --Thickness of the Black outline of the Text and Objects on AMPCD

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 25 --Blurriness of the Black outline of the Text and Objects on AMPCD

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.5 --Thickness of Text and Objects on the AMPCD

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.15 --Blurriness of the edges/outline of the Text and Objects on the AMPCD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/