HOTAS mapping in RL?

Ragnar65

Yeah, I've seen it as you describe, too. Interesting what you said about the German. Perhaps an indicator of model variances or refit.

Yes it could be that the button was intended to have an IFF function at an early stage, but omitted later. The photo I posted is of a 9.13(one of the ex-Moldova ones displayed at Nellis).

Then again I guess the button could have a dual functionality - e.g. press once for IFF interrogation/hold down for 3 seconds to break lock or something like that. AFAIK the Germans don't use the original IFF system(believe it was removed prior to them taking possesion of the aircraft), so that could explain why the button isn't in use for that function.

But I don't know :)

JJ

9.12 has IFF button on stick, while unlock was on the left side panel (as per attached image)

9.13 has these reversed. You have unlock on stick, while it has IFF switch on that left side panel with option to enable locking either friendly or not.

Interesting info about the functions Vatikus, but as far as this being a 9.12 vs. 9.13 difference, I don't think thats correct :) .

I looked around and found that in the Hungarian MiG-29B it does indeed appear as you described - "запрос" by the button on the stick and a button marked "сброс" on the panel you mentioned - the photos you posted also appear to be of that version(judging by position of the AOA/G meter and master warning lamp).

But on photos of a Russian 9.12(attached), it says "сброс" at the button on the stick, while there is no button on that panel - at the position, there is instead a 3-way switch entitled; "заxваt", with the options: "свой" and "чужой". So this appears to be what you talked about in regards to IFF.

So it looks more like a difference between the 9.12 and 9.12B.

IMG_9166.thumb.jpg.49764963e82c683e5217bf8b332ada87.jpg

IMG_9170.thumb.jpg.282ced37682709e0947dc9d115a445c7.jpg

Edited by Alfa

JJ