Trim too sensitive, I can't fine adjust the trimming.

Siegfried

Tittle says all, is right now, is a bug or is a WIP stage?

HOTAS Warthog user.

I've noticed that too. The pitch trim is great, but the roll trim is so fast/coarse that it's impossible to trim for a good roll center.

It would have been no trouble at all for ED to sort this out before releasing the module, but it'll probably be months now or longer before it's addressed. I wish they'd patch it up right away, or at least let us know of a file that we can modify to reduce the rate of roll trim by a factor of 2 or 3 or thereabouts.

Roll trim rate is *much* too high, ED!!

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Same here. I had been in Alt and Att hold, disengaged and suddenly had some unwanted roll - need to investigate that a little more at some point. Could be related to the little bit of roll wobble it had when in AP. Could see from cockpit but also from the outside (F2). Sat there for quite a while trying to trim that out, and would always trim too much to the opposite side.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Well the autopilot does screw with the trim. So after using auto pilot and the trims are not neutral or where you want hit trim reset. You can see the trim lights flash as the autopilot goes through its motions, and that the trims are stuck at whatever deflection the autopilot was at at the time of autopilot disengagement

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

So after using auto pilot and the trims are not neutral or where you want hit trim reset.

Oh right, forgot to include that. Trim reset didnt trim it out, it would maintain that slight roll.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I don't know if the trim is implemented completely or correctly or accurately, but it would explain why all these years of watching Mig-29 cockpit videos, the pilots look like their holding a python that is about to bite them.

Look at the stick in never stop moving, they literary look like this :joystick:

aokKEZJy1Rs

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Trim reset didnt trim it out, it would maintain that slight roll.

Yes, trim reset does what it should but any slightest roll you had untrimmed before stays there.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

The trim is *very* coarse indeed, and I suspect it's because the autopilot uses the trim mechanism for controlling the movement of the stick. So, to have sufficient control, the trim needs to move the stick center position quickly enough.

With the A/P turned off, the pilot is left to deal with the excessively fast rate of trim.

Again, I find the pitch trim fine, but roll trim is *far* too fast, making it impossible to use. There's no way to find a decent center position.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I've un-mapped the roll axis from my trim hat for the time being.

I rarely/never use the autopilot so I don't have to worry about it ruining my mojo when I resume flying, and so far the only time I've used the roll trim is because I accidentally banged it while dialing in some pitch.

• 1 month later...

The trim sensitivity issues have been reported. Regarding the Stick moving in the video this is because in the MIG29 (unlike in western types) the Damping system input is also fed direct back to the pilot. This is discussed in this fascinating interview with Luftwaffe MIG29 test pilot:

The trim sensitivity issues have been reported.

Thanks a lot, because this currently inhibits my time with the MiG 29 greatly.

The only workaround for me was indeed to take trim from the usual mapping and instead create a new one with a modifier key. It also helps to have the key for reset "trim" ready.

The trim sensitivity issues have been reported. Regarding the Stick moving in the video this is because in the MIG29 (unlike in western types) the Damping system input is also fed direct back to the pilot. This is discussed in this fascinating interview with Luftwaffe MIG29 test pilot:

I was about to post this interview as well. Really good insights into flying the 29 can be gleaned here.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I don't know if the trim is implemented completely or correctly or accurately, but it would explain why all these years of watching Mig-29 cockpit videos, the pilots look like their holding a python that is about to bite them.

Look at the stick in never stop moving, they literary look like this :joystick:

aokKEZJy1Rs

Without words, just awesome!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 3 months later...
Again, I find the pitch trim fine, but roll trim is *far* too fast, making it impossible to use. There's no way to find a decent center position.AD

After flying a lot with the MiG-29 in the last weeks, I have to admit that both pitch and roll trim drive me crazy. The rate of "deflection per touch" is far to high, it is very difficult not to over- underpitch or over- or underroll the aircraft. The ONLY solution for me is to use CENTER TRIM and re-arrange pitch. Its a mess, and I am not happy with this issue.

Can we have a slider in "MiG-29 special options" to adjust the rate? This would be the best thing suitable for all players I think.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

There is actually a report from an american pilot that stated that the MiG-29 was almost impossible to trim to handsoff level flight, and the stick would sometimes move by itself.

Should be somewhere on the net.

For me pitch is fine, but roll is horrible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought in the Easter sales the trim seems over sensitive can't get a good level flight . Any news on up dates .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Not only is it too sensitive. It lacks the any middle position.

You can quite clearly see that by looking at Autopilot. It wiggles the stick constantly left right.

There is no middle (neutral) position for the trim - Because its not programed into the trim.

Its is a bug.

But programmers are rare breed and most likely very busy .:dunno: