new faction: blue Rus, similar to red AUSAF

ams999

I would like to suggest a blue faction with Russian modules (com language English) as an equivalent to the red side AUSAF to make it easier to place same module dogfights in the ME (Su-33 at the moment only either Russian or AUSAF).

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I just design a mission from the standpoint of the one, and use the aggressors for the other. Country is just a label that we don't even really need. It's just BluFor OpFor at the end of the day. I'd rather see countries eliminated altogether.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Zhukov

the nations must be as in reality and unreal that Italy uses a su25t as a multi-role bomber but should use a Tornado and unreal to see a f18 with Russian skin or an a10c in use at the nation russia.

I have another idea in this matter but I will talk about it in another place. Zhukov You change the game in an arcade game but this is a simulator you combat air but it is also tactical and strategic so there must be nations with their own potential .

• 2 weeks later...
I just design a mission from the standpoint of the one, and use the aggressors for the other. Country is just a label that we don't even really need. It's just BluFor OpFor at the end of the day. I'd rather see countries eliminated altogether.

I disagree with this, it would be step backwards for the sim to lose countries. Tactics for different countries may differ even if they are in the same coalition (ie UK night bombing in WWII in contrast to US day bombing) and using the country list to separate what units are available for different nations is useful in scenario building (All nations should have access to all units for a variety of reasons, but a nation's primary units should be identified).

Further, if we are ever given the ability for nations to switch coalition within a mission, we'd obviously need to have the nation category for the related units.

Going back to the original point raised with this thread, I think the best solution is to allow any unit to be used by any country, while also making a distinction between those units a nation will usually operate and those that it doesn't. A second USAF Aggressors style nation would be a good stand in solution in the meantime.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Zhukov

the nations must be as in reality and unreal that Italy uses a su25t as a multi-role bomber but should use a Tornado and unreal to see a f18 with Russian skin or an a10c in use at the nation russia.

I have another idea in this matter but I will talk about it in another place. Zhukov You change the game in an arcade game but this is a simulator you combat air but it is also tactical and strategic so there must be nations with their own potential .

No, nation is a nametag that forces a set unit tree. It's clunky, outdated, and does not work properly. The whole faction/side system needs to be redone where you can assign them however you want more readily. The 'nation tree' only works if it ACTUALLY is fleshed out , kept up to date, etc. It should be removed.

zhukov032186 you are in a Simulator not in a video game ..... if Russia in reality 'attack the Germany you can not prove what would happen. and you can not use a TORNADO if you are a Russian you can not use an eurofighter if you are a Russian. so every nation must have its military potential. I tell you that I will never see an F15 used by an Italian and impossible in real life and in the simulated world would be wrong.zhukov032186 I tell you that as you think I would not call it a combat simulator but a video game.

Russian aeronautical military potential

fighter

type airplane N.airplane

Su-27 226

Su-27SM 70

Su-27SM3 12

Su-27UB 52

SU-30SM 60

SU-30SM1 60

SU-35S (BM) Flanker-E 48

Su-57 0

MiG-29 (9-12) 60

MiG-29 (9-13) 60

MiG-29S 60

MiG-29SMT 60

MiG-29M2 60

MiG-29UBT 60

MiG-31 133

MiG-31BS 133

MiG-31DZ 133

MiG-31BM 133

MiG-35 0

BOMBER

ECC.EC.

Edited by Xilon_x

Are you a fighter pilot training for wartime action? Are you logging FAA certifiable hours? Are you *playing* purely for entertainment? Then it's a videogame. Seriously.

That has nothing to do with the current country and faction system being a pain in the ass and incomplete. I get it, you don't understand what I'm talking about. But no, it doesn't have anything to do with 'simulation'