SU-27S/SK for Russia

Mad_Misha

Probably the most viable upgraded SU-27 for the Russians at this moment.

(I'm sure this has already been discussed)

We know this model was meant for China as the J-11A AKA Su-27SK (K standing for 'Kitai' China in Russian), which we currently have in DCS.

The Russian Air force took in about a 100 of these aircraft which were meant for China (constructed from kits meant for that contract) quite a few of these are currently operated by the Russian air force.

Planned order from China 200 units.

104 delivered before Chinese domestic development (Illegal copies)

96 remaining kits later assembled for the Russian air force.

Vietnam also bought a number of these SU-27SKs.

What's the reason again that we cant have this model in the Russian line-up?

All that has to be done is a few Russian skins for the J-11 and a rename to SU-27SK.

AFAIK The implementation of the SU-27 in game is the SK variant from late 80s or early 90s. It comes from the Su-27SK manuals. K stands for export, not China.

The J-11A has some extra doodads ... and some 'reduced for export' stuff, too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi,

Couldn't think of a single word in Russian that starts with K and means "export".

Anyway my point is, the use of R77, its obviously the Russians that had that little feature implemented at the request of the Chinese, so since the Russian air-force absorbed the renaming half of the Chinese order, that would obviously mean the Russian ones can use the R77 too, not so?

It's just a designation.

And no, Russia did not use the R-77 as far as we're aware. They're now loading RVV-SD which is a much later version of the R-77 on much more advanced versions of the Su-27 family.

Hi,

Couldn't think of a single word in Russian that starts with K and means "export".

Anyway my point is, the use of R77, its obviously the Russians that had that little feature implemented at the request of the Chinese, so since the Russian air-force absorbed the renaming half of the Chinese order, that would obviously mean the Russian ones can use the R77 too, not so?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

SK is for "серийный коммерческий"

Export Production roughly translated. So yes, K is for Export.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

While I don't know if the RuAF really took these unsold Su-27SK's and if so what modifications were done, but in any case they wouldn't have used the R-77 as they themselves never really took the R-77 into the operational service, IIRC (well, technically, neither has anybody else as RVV-AE was the export designation which might have had some slight downgrades).

There was mention of the Soviet Air Force getting about 200 of them for tests and such, but I'm not sure what happened to those stocks in the end.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!