same as the su?

thrustvector

don't really fly the flaming cliffs stuff, but fancy a go on the mig, do I use the tutorials for radar/missiles from the su? I guess they are the same?

They are very similar at least on the flight, rwr and radar tutorials ... however, the MiG doesnt have a MFCD to show the navigation route, so the navigation is different tough the concepts are the same.

Also the armament is different, since the Mig has two less stations, doesnt have the weapon panel of the Su-27 and also has somewhat different weapons; so the armament tutorials are not really compatible with the MiG ..

I'm trying to edit them, but its difficult if one wants to keep the instructor's voice overs :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If we are talking about the MiG-29A, I believe it can carry 6 Air to Air missiles.

As the Su-27 can carry 10 of those...

Other than that, I think the MiG-29S can carry the R-77 missile, and the Su-27 can not.

Still, Radar and EOS operation is very similar.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

don't really fly the flaming cliffs stuff, but fancy a go on the mig, do I use the tutorials for radar/missiles from the su? I guess they are the same?

Yup, the Su-27 and MiG-29 radars (and EOS as well) are very similar, at least in the sim.

The MiG doesn't have the really nice top-down view on the secondary display like the Su-27, which is a bit of a pain in the arse, but other than that, the two share pretty much all the same radar and EOS functions. The exception is the MiG-29S with R-77 missiles, which has a TWS2 mode for engaging two targets simultaneously. The Russian Flanker can't carry the R-77, only the Chinese version (J-11).

Once you've gotten a hang of the Flanker, the MiG-29 radar will come to you naturally.

Oh yeah, one more thing--if you haven't flown the FC3 aircraft a lot, you're in for a treat flight-wise, because the F-15C, Su-27, and now the MiG-29 all have awesome flight models! If you've stuck to the numerous other modules all this time, you've missed out on some of the most convincing (and entertaining) flight models in the sim! :)

Peace and happy warfare

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Yup, the Su-27 and MiG-29 radars (and EOS as well) are very similar, at least in the sim.

The MiG doesn't have the really nice top-down view on the secondary display like the Su-27, which is a bit of a pain in the arse, but other than that, the two share pretty much all the same radar and EOS functions. The exception is the MiG-29S with R-77 missiles, which has a TWS2 mode for engaging two targets simultaneously. The Russian Flanker can't carry the R-77, only the Chinese version (J-11).

Once you've gotten a hang of the Flanker, the MiG-29 radar will come to you naturally.

Oh yeah, one more thing--if you haven't flown the FC3 aircraft a lot, you're in for a treat flight-wise, because the F-15C, Su-27, and now the MiG-29 all have awesome flight models! If you've stuck to the numerous other modules all this time, you've missed out on some of the most convincing (and entertaining) flight models in the sim! :)

Peace and happy warfare

AD

Amen to that !

The MiG-29 was what took me to buy LOMAC many (15 ?) years ago, essentially because its Helmet Mounted Sight feature and famous flight characteristics.

However at that time, its flight model fell short on expectations.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

The IRST scan zone in the Su-27/33 is also adjustable vertically, while the one in the MiG-29 is fixed.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!