Status of C-101CC

That guy is me :)

:D .. ahh ... really good video, looking forward to more of them :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've just prepared a very simple quick guide for weapons use.

This, together with the flight manual that will be included in next update, should be enough to be able to use any of the weapons implemented in the C-101CC module.

Nevertheless, we'll probably make some videos, apart from training missions.

C-101CC Weapons Employment Quick Guide.pdf

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a system if it isn't already included, similar to what Heatblur did with the Viggen data-card, where we can program the anti-ship missile via the F10 map for multiplayer use. Using the mission editor is fine for offline but is unavailable to players when online.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a system if it isn't already included, similar to what Heatblur did with the Viggen data-card, where we can program the anti-ship missile via the F10 map for multiplayer use. Using the mission editor is fine for offline but is unavailable to players when online.

We'll investigate that.

MP has marker feature on F10 map, i think it can works like this, rear seat set the target point on F10 map, and front pilot launch the missile

for SP, similar thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

MP has marker feature on F10 map, i think it can works like this, rear seat set the target point on F10 map, and front pilot launch the missilefor SP, similar thing.

From a realism point. Missile is programmed on ground before takeoff since the C-101CC does not have a system interface to transfer data to the missile when flying.

I like your idea.... But there are other flaws. Player can not dynamically switch between front and rear seats in multiplayer.

So if player is flying C-101CC solo in multiplayer - player can not program the missile as he is in front seat only.

I was waiting to read and understand about Viggen system to give an answer, but Schmidtfire posted already what I was about to say.

You're right, it wouldn't be realistic. The C-101CC is just a "launching platform" for the Sea Eagle, it must be programmed on ground with target coordinates, it could be done on ground ramp just before takeoff. The pilot could be notified with target coordinates through radio (not very secure) or through telebriefing (cable connected to the airplane on ramp which has direct telephone link with headquarter). The target could move quite a large distance from takeoff till the C-101CC reaches the target area (pre-programmed), but hopefully not enough so that when the missile makes the pop-up and the onboard radar starts searching for the target, would find it and would be able to lock. The radar is pre-programmed to attack for example closest ship or largest ship.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes. From what I understand. Like the Viggen's Rb15F, Sea Eagle has at least two modes.

1: Planned strike with programmed waypoints into Sea Eagle missile.

2: Point and shoot mode. Against targets of opportunity. (this is the mode where the pilot might get target information over radio). Missile fly in a straight path scanning for any target in front of it.

"search and attack options, including a simple, pre-programmed 'point and shoot' mode that allows it to be carried by basic aircraft without radar, using targeting information radioed to the pilot from external sources or even visually located by him, with the missile's short minimum range assisting this"

So for a simple attack without any pre-planned missile waypoints:

1: Pilot detects ship from the air (visually located). Fires missile towards the ship. Within visual range attack.

2: Recon unit or other player knows location of target ship. Notify target heading and coordinates to pilot over radio. Pilot use HSI instrument to fire the Sea Eagle at the target heading for beyond visual range engagement. Missile will strike first ship in it's path.

Great catch @Silver_Dragon. There might be some other good and detailed resources on the Sea Eagle, as wikipedia is not always a reliable source :p

Edited by Schmidtfire

I had read something about it, but was not sure if it could be used in the CC. That could be a nice option for playability reasons. Good find. Will take it into account and see if we can integrate it. Maybe choose the targeting option in the ME, either fly to pre-programmed coordinates or fly to visual location, it wouldn't be very accurate in any case, since there is no aiming in the CC and a slight change in pitch can mean many miles when close to the horizon… so, not sure about this method.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On hearing of the imminent beta release, I bought the C-101 along with the L-39. I then thought to hell with it and bought the only aircraft that I was missing from my collection, the Yak-52. The L-39 is a very nice module, but the C-101 seems have a few more options in relation to the ordnance load, looking forward to it.

It will add a lot of playability value, since mission editor is not avalible during multiplayer or for missions with multiple targets.

The way Rb-15F works in Viggen is that the default mode is always by visual location. It will fly in the path you launch and hit whatever ship that is in it's way. Active radar seeker on the missile detects targets within a certain range and FOV and adjusts flight path accordingly.

If you want pre-programmed targeting on 15F you have to enter that via aircraft computer (CK37) or in the mission editor.

Ayway. Im sure you will implement Sea Eagle to the best of your ability :) Thanks for consideration. Looking forward to try out the CC this evening!

So the point and shoot is not functioning at the moment? No problem, hopefully we get that later

Don't know, but I will test tonight. Might be that the default weapon parmeters/code in DCS World is enough to make the Sea Eagle work without waypoints. Interesting to see if the missile still tracks and destroys nearest target in it's path.

The L-39 is a very nice module, but the C-101 seems have a few more options in relation to the ordnance load, looking forward to it.

I've both, but find the C101 more useful as trainer because of its Tacan, ILS and VOR receivers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks a lot .. I'm downloading the update as we speak :D