Master mode hat switch setup, MCG pro

Maggot

Hello!

I'm trying to set up my Master Mode switch on my MCG pro the way I want it, which is as a normal POV with a push button in the center.

I have managed to get rid of the "POV to Axis"-behavour and converted the center press to a normal button press instead.

Unfortunally this now activates button 23, which is the same button activated by center press on the hat switch on the right side of the stick, so now I just have two ways to activate the same button...

Does anyone know how to assign the Master Mode center press to another button than 23?

Preferably 27 since 1-26 seem to be occupied...

Hello!

I'm trying to set up my Master Mode switch on my MCG pro the way I want it, which is as a normal POV with a push button in the center.

I have managed to get rid of the "POV to Axis"-behavour and converted the center press to a normal button press instead.

Unfortunally this now activates button 23, which is the same button activated by center press on the hat switch on the right side of the stick, so now I just have two ways to activate the same button...

Does anyone know how to assign the Master Mode center press to another button than 23?

Preferably 27 since 1-26 seem to be occupied...

Pretty sure there is a way to assign a button number in the VKB software.

Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=28475#p28475

It is talking about changing the Gate hat, but may be some clue in there to help do what you are trying to achieve with the Master Mode hat.

That center press of the Master Mode is coded to change from buttons to axis with a long press, and reset axis to center on a short press. Not sure where and how that is coded that way, but may be affecting what you are trying to do.

If no luck post over on the VKB forums, I am sure there is probably a way.

I changed my Gate to a POV, and use the Master Mode hat as it is. I like having it with two functions, button presses or relative axis. I use the buttons as trim buttons, and when I change to relative axis with a long press, it becomes my gunsight adjustments for the Spit. Another long press puts it back to buttons for my trim.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Pretty sure there is a way to assign a button number in the VKB software.

Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=28475#p28475

It is talking about changing the Gate hat, but may be some clue in there to help do what you are trying to achieve with the Master Mode hat.

That center press of the Master Mode is coded to change from buttons to axis with a long press, and reset axis to center on a short press. Not sure where and how that is coded that way, but may be affecting what you are trying to do.

If no luck post over on the VKB forums, I am sure there is probably a way.

I changed my Gate to a POV, and use the Master Mode hat as it is. I like having it with two functions, button presses or relative axis. I use the buttons as trim buttons, and when I change to relative axis with a long press, it becomes my gunsight adjustments for the Spit. Another long press puts it back to buttons for my trim.

Hi, thanks! I managed to find the solution in the software manual though, so now everything is as I want it:)

I agree that the dual function is really smart, I just haven't found any use for it yet. It's really easy to change between the different setups using the saved profiles so I'll try it out as soon as I find a purpose for it.

Hi, thanks! I managed to find the solution in the software manual though, so now everything is as I want it:)

I agree that the dual function is really smart, I just haven't found any use for it yet. It's really easy to change between the different setups using the saved profiles so I'll try it out as soon as I find a purpose for it.

:thumbup:

Good deal have fun!

I have not really gotten much into the saved profiles yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|