Multiple Boards for Pit

I thought I'd ask here too, since this is more a parts related question...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220835

Can you use more than 1 of the same type of board in different USB ports?

For example, can I use 2x of BBI-64 Button Box Interface (http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=300) without conflict and is there a way to change its name?

I am planning on using

3x BBI-64 Button Box Interface

2 or 3x BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

You sure can. You can't change Leo's cards unless you order more than 10. But is there a reason why you want to do that? Identifying it isn't too hard to do.

From Leo's FAQ:

Q. Can I plug in more than one of the same controller on my PC or MAC?

A. Yes. Every controller has a unique serial number which means our devices will work alongside each other with no issues. We once tried 12 without issues but we're certain more could be connected; we just ran out of ports! :)

From DerekSpeare:

Q6 – Can I connect more than one button controller or USB controller to my computer?

A – Yes, and we have personally verified that iRacing will use multiple button controllers, a wheel with pedals and another USB game pad simultaneously. The USB components we manufacture are fully compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. They are recognized as simple game controllers. Any Windows 7/8/8.1/10 title which will use a game controller will see DSD USB devises.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Always helps to check! It's actually quite easy to hook all of this up. If you need help, you can always post to the INPUT/OUTPUT thread. Ton of people there to help.

Just one note of caution. The pushbutton switches are easy because you can just push it in the controller config and you're done. On/off switches are easy because it's binary. On or Off. And easy to configure in the controller setup.

However, if you are getting SPDT (Single Pole, Dual Throw or ON-OFF-ON) switch, then you have to modify LUA files *IF* you want to make it work as a three position switch.

For example, In A10,FA18 etc., you'll find the Master ARM, Safe, Train three position switch. ARM and TRAIN are easy because you just set it up like on/off switch. But in the controller setup, you can't use the transition to the middle OFF position as the middle position of SAFE. But you can do it if you modify the LUA file. Anyway, not sure what switches you are going to wire up, but it's something you should know.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I was just going through the input output / home cockpit thread the other day and saw this by Blue73.

wow, what a cool design. All modular running Arduino Nano's as Slaves to one Arduino Mega as master with DCSBIOS.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219982

9STJGSB.jpg

USB0nN6.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

LOL. At first, I just saw the top pic and thought "so? there are so many button boxes out there..." then scrolled down and saw the second pic! DAMN. that's pretty cool!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---