Oculus Dash work around.

spike2450

Dude!!! Thank you so much for this!!

After oculus forced dash upon us i was pretty mad, took me about 2 hours to turn that awful environment sound off, but i have to say that i really like the desktop app.

I tried playing DayZ with the desktop app, but it started stuttering after a few minutes of gaming because the home VR still runs in the background with all the moving objects etc.

But with the solution you linked my GPU usage went from 100 percent to +/- 55 percent and the stutter never kicks in :thumbup:

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Um, Rift Core 2.0 and Dash fade to gray anyway when a game is launched.

But this is different in some way?

Also I would note I have a very smooth DCS experience in my Rift, always have and have been on Rift Core 2.0 since the day in went Beta early this year.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Um, Rift Core 2.0 and Dash fade to gray anyway when a game is launched.

But this is different in some way?

Also I would note I have a very smooth DCS experience in my Rift, always have and have been on Rift Core 2.0 since the day in went Beta early this year.

I dont think this will help alot with performance like in DCS or other games,

but it worked well for the desktop app performance since its rendered along with the VR home room,

and at least you dont have to load in the whole VR room before you can play a game

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2