To Slaw or not?

Slaw all the way. Don't bother with the TPRs

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Slaw all the way. Don't bother with the TPRs

But why? Have you been able to try both? I'd hate to overlook them just because their Hotus has fallen behind, as these pedals seems to be another world for them. The pendulum action "appears" much more realistic to me than the rotational action of Slaw and those others.

To complicate matters. it appears BRD still sells a all metal pedal "Kit" that "used" to be much cheaper? Not sure of his current price, or if it's still available?

Yes, never go with a blind opinion. It's the typical, Ford or Chevy? Ford because that's all I grew up with...... Without ever owning a Chevy. Get an informed opinion. Like I said I have zero experience with the slaws. Dollar for dollar the MFGs are hard to beat. Very well constructed. On version 3 so they are probably well refined. The TPRs aren't time tested but so far they are fantastic. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. Best of luck!

If you're going to buy expensive pedals, Slaw is the best. Period. TM is pushing the pendular action for all it's worth, but it isn't going to beat the artisan quality of Slaw's pedals.

Well I don't know that I'd slaw slaws are the best. Period. MFG's I would say are as good. The better may be in the minutia that 99% of even we picky guys wouldn't notice.

I sit in the I havent used the TM product but I wouldn't buy them until they are proven such as the MFG's and Slaws are. I use TM Warthog HOTAS but now that Virpil and etc are on the market I probably wouldn't buy them again. Once the TM internals were proven to be an issue and the Virpil all metal joystick base wasn't, I quickly changed my mind on TM products.

Whatever your choice, I'll look forward to the feedback or the confirmation of MFG's/Slaws dominance.

Happy flying.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The Slaw Pedals are built to a whole different level than any other commercial product. That’s one reason they are so expensive. I've gone through at least four sets of rudder Pedals over the past number of years. My RX Viper Pedals by Slaw are built so well they will definitely outlive me.

Don't second guess your decision to buy them. You’ll see what I mean when they arrive.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

It's horses for courses. All the custom made rudder vendors (MFG, Slaw, BRD) get glowing reviews. Thrustmaster one is new, so I don't think there is a large sample population you can draw from.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The TM TPR pedals have a crappy pincer mechanism, there is no comparison really. Go BRD or Slaw for amazing combat style pedals, for desktop foot on top style the MFGs are good as well.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

SLAW forever

I use RX pedals from Slaw Device since 2 years whitout Any troubles, never re-calibrate, never touch anythings since i get it. It works like "a charme".:)

apologyze for my english.:P

I use TM warthog joy and throttle, but i don't think to buy a thrustmaster new one ....

Read this:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/09/thrustmaster-tpr-is-the-king-of-mass-market-flight-sim-pedals/

As others have said, Slaws are far superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440