[RESOLVED]HUD Velocity Vector is WRONG!

bkthunder

Please see the image attached.

The top 2 shots are from the Harrier, the bottom one is the F-18.

The Harrier VVI is wrong, why?

As you know there is a "True Velocity Vector Indicator (TVVI) and a "Ghost Velocity Vector Indicator" (GVVI). When the hud is caged, the GVVI appears if the true flight path deviation is more than 2 degrees left / right.

In the Harrier, in NAV mode the HUD is always caged, so the TVVI is not showing the true flight path when, for example, you have a strong side wind, he GVVI does that.

That's all good while flying straight, however, if you bank the aircraft in a level turn, both the TVVI and the GVVI should sit at the same level on the horizon, but this is not the case in the Razbam Harrier.

The result is that in a level turn, only the GVVI sits on the horizon, while the TVVI is higher up a few degrees, which is totally wrong, as they should both indicate exactly the same pitch attitude.

The correct version is how it works in the Hornet, where VVI and ghost VVI are moving relative to each other, so in a level turn they both sit on the horizon, corretly indicating wether you are climbing or descending.

You can give it a try for yourself: Set a mission with a strong side wind, make a level turn keeping the TVVI on the horizon. With the Harrier you will either climb or descend unless unless you use the GVVI as reference, while in the hornet you will stay at the same altitude.

This is a pretty big oversight!

1230760878_DesktopScreenshot2018_10.14-10_04_44_74.thumb.png.16af77a5c299458dd8e63d124c36ea57.png

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I was starting to wonder if something was off with the velocity vector. When landing I noticed only 50fpm with the velocity vector -2.5° down in the HUD during a turn, and I also notice large discrepancies between the wind-adjusted flight path shown in the HUD versus that which is shown in the EHSD.

I was starting to wonder if something was off with the velocity vector. When landing I noticed only 50fpm with the velocity vector -2.5° down in the HUD during a turn, and I also notice large discrepancies between the wind-adjusted flight path shown in the HUD versus that which is shown in the EHSD.

Yep, that seems wrong too...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Would this also happen to affect massive AoA readings when doing VLs? I'm getting 12 units of AoA when I land on the Tarawa steaming at 20kts, with the Witch Hat on the horizon with the VV at -3 degrees. On approach with 70° nozzles, Witch Hat on the horizon, VV -3°, I only get about 8-9 units. I don't understand where the sudden increase comes from--sometimes even getting 16 units AoA with nose-down attitude!

Would this also happen to affect massive AoA readings when doing VLs? I'm getting 12 units of AoA when I land on the Tarawa steaming at 20kts, with the Witch Hat on the horizon with the VV at -3 degrees. On approach with 70° nozzles, Witch Hat on the horizon, VV -3°, I only get about 8-9 units. I don't understand where the sudden increase comes from--sometimes even getting 16 units AoA with nose-down attitude!

I don't think so, if you're level it works fine.

P.S. shame it was reported so long a go, and wasn't even acknowledged, let alone fixed.

Good call. Needs to be fixed.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

are u guys getting the "pull up " arrow on the HUD? when diving towards ground

It seems to be a recurring theme on this subforum...

Agreed. I wish there was some sort of organization or bug and ticket tracker. Exhausting reading repeat threats or even sitting in limbo for months wondering if bam is recieving theses or ignoring.

@BKThunder excellent post, thank you for submitting and your time.

As for post above about pull-up indication, there is no GPWS implemented into the AV8*yet. Hopefully soon now that it's demonstrated into the Hornet.

From Facebookd7368a85e6e7622aae9e49c6638b9c0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Well... OK... Why didn't they write that here?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Well... OK... Why didn't they write that here?

Totally agreed here. I was sent this from a friend, I don't even have Facebook. I think I've read somewhere their primary mode of communication is Facebook. I mean, I'm glad to see it address (albeit after a couple of months since I've posted about it). But if they saw it, even a short acknowledgement would have been nice.

"... to keep the community informed" <<< posted on a non-community, third-party corporate website (used for stalking people and their data) that has nothing to do with DCS. ;)

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

All third parties and ED are using Facebook to share information.

All.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

"... to keep the community informed" <<< posted on a non-community, third-party corporate website (used for stalking people and their data) that has nothing to do with DCS. ;)

That's how it is, marketing is really good there. We have to adapt ourselves to the world and surroundings and not the world to our liking. :)

Im able to find and read info about DCS not only here but also on Facebook, Reddit, etc. Takes two seconds with bookmarks.

Is not so difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

...Is not so difficult.

Of course it's not but, as a Facebook user for years I didn't think that they will give an important info only on Facebook.

I always assume that here is the primary zone to inform community and also I didn't buy their module via Facebook.

Don't get me wrong; I admire Razbam and their works. Only this thing is weird to me.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Taking in count the toxicity levels sometimes rising in this forums i can understand some decisions looking for fresh air.

But i agree that should be here the main information focus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bug reporting structure? there is no reporting, tracking solving , or even acknowledgment.

and thats NOT only RAZBAM, the whole forum here is lacking a proper bug reports handling (except some nineline interactions)

im in ATC software testing, and the way DCS and MODULES bugs are handled is ridicolous, seriosly i think thats the street to not the best customer feedback,

i understand others complaining and getting lost in frustration seeing the same bugs for months/years

the whole forum here is lacking a proper bug reports handling (except some nineline interactions)

So true. Bugs are reported on the forum, but they are not organised, prioritised, there is no status for each bug, we cannot vote for it etc. The F-18 has some kind of system going on with status indication in the bug report title and a poll about the next feature to implement, which is a step in the right direction imho.

Just having a public bug tracker would help so much. We have a lot of people here bumping threads just to ask attention for their favorite long standing bug. Sometimes developers respond, sometimes they don't. Lack of acknowlegdement leads to customer dissatisfaction, which in turns leads to, well, something not pretty ... :(

I believe ED is using mantis as an internal bug tracker. It would be great if a separate public bug tracker could be opened. Just knowing that a bug is acknowlegded or even accepted by a developer to work on, would silence a lot of critique. Being able to vote for a bug would engage the community in a positive constructive way.

Just to be clear, this is a DCS wide issue, not just RAZBAM.

Taking in count the toxicity levels sometimes rising in this forums i can understand some decisions looking for fresh air.

But i agree that should be here the main information focus.

:thumbup:

I can understand every developer stopping communication and fixing the stuff quite and hidden. The bashing levels on these boards reached a new all time high this year. And as it was said some above this post I rarely seeing any bug reports complying to the guidelines.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]