Bombing Parameters - Mission editor

ward8124

Hi all,m I'm pulling my hair out on a mission I'm in the porcess of creating. I'm trying to emulate a broken arrow situation and getting two B52s to bomb an area which would be occupied by RED and Blue forces. I've set the the bombers to bomb a map target and set options to ignore SAM threat etc but these buggers won't release or start the attack run. They just get to the WP and then head off in the other direction/ next waypoint.

Are there any conditions the bomber won't start the attack i.e friendlies/objects/other? All weather is clear no issues there. Also, they will attack targets away from the friendly areas so I know they work.

I've uploaded the mission file for reference. Just want to get those bombers bringing in big time bombs on broken arrow trigger.

The Battle Of Murbah.miz

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

AI bombing targets or groups appears broken, or at least unreliable, but I have had success with bombing a point on the map. Also with big bombers, they execute best when the WP with the bombing action is at least 20 miles from target and the turn towards target at that WP is less than 45D.

Just let them fly over the target, and when they reach the target zone, set off some explosions via trigger. much more reliable than an ai attacking something (and much harder for ED to f**ck up with an update)..

:megalol:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Just let them fly over the target, and when they reach the target zone, set off some explosions via trigger. much more reliable than an ai attacking something (and much harder for ED to f**ck up with an update)..

Lol. I have a nice little MOOSE script that creates random explosions in a defined zone.

Hey gents, yeah that was plan B I can assure you! I've actually found the cure after spend a lot of time on trial and error. I think the key is to actually have a map object beit a house/static object or anything for that matter as it doesn't have the ability to bomb open ground as far as I can tell and have tested. So all I needed to do was put a landmine or a small house in and point the target triangle on it and hey presto - it started work. That's a few hours of my life I'm never getting back! Hope this saves someone else some precious time in future!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Hey gents, yeah that was plan B I can assure you! I've actually found the cure after spend a lot of time on trial and error. I think the key is to actually have a map object beit a house/static object or anything for that matter as it doesn't have the ability to bomb open ground as far as I can tell and have tested. So all I needed to do was put a landmine or a small house in and point the target triangle on it and hey presto - it started work. That's a few hours of my life I'm never getting back! Hope this saves someone else some precious time in future!

This is using BOMB POINT ON MAP, right? As stated above I have had NO success with BOMB GROUP, etc.

Also, you can try to use WW2 Carpet Bombing option.

I was tempted to try this but was worried that might introduce the need of needing WW2 assets pack. I'll test it tonight. RE Bombing on Group - will also test this too and see if I can help out there too.

Just tested it and it works on my end.

1 B-52 with Mk82

Task:

Ground Attack

Advanced Waypoint Action:

- Bombing

Move the little triangle on the target.

Weapon: unguided

Rel Qty: All

- Reaction to threat

No reaction