[HELP] How to calculate the Bingo Fuel ?

33-DFTC

Hi there !

I'm looking for documents teaching how to calculate the Bingo Fuel on the Mirage 2000C but after several days I can't find any. Does anyone knows the procedure used by M2000 pilots and willing to share it ? Thanks))

Edited by 33-DFTC
Problem solved

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Bingo = (Distance to RTB/Average Speed)*FuelRate/60

Distance in nautical mile

Speed in knots

FuelRate in kg/min

Distance/Speed gives you flight time in hour. Divide it by 60 to get flight time in minute. Multiply by FuelRate to get approximate total consomation

You often add a bit more to this result just to be sure

Thank you for the answer Blaizz,

For a moment I though nobody would calculate his Joker/Bingo while planning a mission - I still suspect a vast majority of players don't do it.

While I understand your formula, don't you include the quantity of fuel to reach the alternate field and the mandatory emergency fuel ? The emergency fuel quantity is what's really bugging me, I don't know what is the vital minimum required by the crew when the plane is shut down.

Edit : Also, is there any table with different profiles to know the average consumption with different loadouts ?

Edited by 33-DFTC

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Bingo = (Distance to RTB/Average Speed)*FuelRate/60

Distance in nautical mile

Speed in knots

FuelRate in kg/min

Distance/Speed gives you flight time in hour. Divide it by 60 to get flight time in minute. Multiply by FuelRate to get approximate total consomation

You often add a bit more to this result just to be sure

Bingo = (Distance to RTB/Average Speed)*FuelRate*60

It works better like this :thumbup:

Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jojo, you mention the final reserve/emergency fuel, but what's the actual quantity of it ? Do you have a source for it or are you adding it with a somewhat random number ? Do you add a full minute of post-combustion consumption to the equation in case of running into trouble too ?

By the lack of answer concerning a chart about the different loadouts, I must assume that none is available online ? A plane flying a 6+8+14F configuration will not have the same consumption as a 6+8B+4*Mk82. The Joker/Bingo setting will be dramatically different from one configuration to another.

I know I seem to be a "little" picky here but I'm really looking to get through the correct procedures when creating/editing missions and their briefings.

Thank you for your help))

If you read 'French', you can also try this post :

'How to calculate easily your bingo'

http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=145162

Cheers,

HiCKS

From what I read, this is a way to calculate the Bingo for the Viper and not the Mirage 2000. The values cannot match from one plane to another unfortunately. I'll keep their formula in a safe waiting for the Belsimtek/ED Viper, thanks ;)

Soooo ... There's virtually nobody calculating with precision its Bingo Fuel. I'm really surprised.

So much hate from users towards Razbam to get functionalities on this bird when they don't even use a function as basic and vital as setting their bingo fuel value, that's insane. I really got the impression by reading the "Mirage 2000C Missing Feature/Bug list" thread that most of the people posting on this section of the board were going deep about realism. I suppose all this "study sim" thing people are craving for is just a way to complain and whine on Internet - as usual.

Yeah, I'm disapointed. If by chance I find the information about the super secret formula of the Bingo Fuel, I'll come back and post it on this thread, who knows, someone could use it one day ?

Soooo ... There's virtually nobody calculating with precision its Bingo Fuel. I'm really surprised.

So much hate from users towards Razbam to get functionalities on this bird when they don't even use a function as basic and vital as setting their bingo fuel value, that's insane. I really got the impression by reading the "Mirage 2000C Missing Feature/Bug list" thread that most of the people posting on this section of the board were going deep about realism. I suppose all this "study sim" thing people are craving for is just a way to complain and whine on Internet - as usual.

Yeah, I'm disapointed. If by chance I find the information about the super secret formula of the Bingo Fuel, I'll come back and post it on this thread, who knows, someone could use it one day ?

There isn't any secret formula. You can do your own test to get your kg/Nm at cruise speed (depend on altitude, load out and selected speed).

So bingo would be:

fuel to go home + wave off and climb to cruise altitude for alternate & fuel to go to alternate + final reserve (waiting time).

Final reserve is usually X minutes of waiting time above alternate. (usually between 20mn and 30mn, it can depends on weather, day/ night, expected problems).

You can try 300kt @ 10 000ft, note your fuel flow (kg/mn) x YY mn of waiting time.

There isn't one simple answer. you must select your flying parameters.

Long story short = when you have DETOT = 2000kg, you would better go home or look for a tanker :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Well, the bingo fuel calculation formula (even a simple one) should have been already in the official manual, and not be discovered by the users themselfs . Perhaps, FAF could share some info to razbam. In any case , when i have the chance to talk with real 2000 pilots, i will ask this question , if i get some info i will share it here.

Edited by jaguara5

@jojo : I was being sarcastic :x I know there is no secret formula, the data exists but its pretty difficult to get our hands on it. I finally got it !

@jaguar : Unfortunately (for us), the data is still classified by the AdA, that's probably why we did not get any information on the module manual :/

Thank you again for your replies and answers guys ! Cheers)

The reason you don't find many docs on this is because IRL it takes in so many factors, the formulas mentioned above as you pointed out will give you 0 additional fuel, so on top of this ,IRL, you would work out how much fuel is required for an additional Instrument Landing Circuit (ILC), the fuel required to transit to the diversion airfield, and fuel to carry out 2x ILCs.

This would be your so called "reserve fuel" or sometimes called FOG (fuel on ground) and it is expected you do not go into this fuel ever. If you do then IRL you'd declare an emergency for low fuel.

If you knew from your previous calculations that you are likely to dip into this fuel, then you could declare a "fuel priority" to hopefully bump you up the queue, or an emergency if there was no way you could no dip into your FOG.

But thats only if you play MP. Or roleplay.