continuos right roll tendency

dave76

well, thanks to everybody here.....i checked the axis assignement and seems all normal and i have no ffb..... it still roll to the right ...and yes, any speed and altitude no external loads......

Check flight controls for aileron and elevator trim commands.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Is this happening in all missions? And you have not touched the aileron trim? If so, unplug all your flight sim related peripherals and try a mission that starts in the air. Is the roll still there? If so, something about your installation is screwed up. Any mods installed? Uninstall them. Regardless, try running a repair and cleanup on the sim.

Edit: One other thought. Check the axis in the “tune” window and make sure it’s not spiking.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

well, thanks to everybody here.....i checked the axis assignement and seems all normal and i have no ffb..... it still roll to the right ...and yes, any speed and altitude no external loads......

The kind of problems that really annoys me - flight controls quirks and issues.

- have you tried to use the in-game trim ?

- if so, can you see the flight control aligning correctly in the cockpit ?

- have you tried to un-plug and plug the joystick again ?

(works with my 17 year old Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner when it de-calibrates by itself...)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

guys i installed the 29 in dcs 2.5 without flaming cliffs and i noticed a continuos tendency to bank/rollto the right...does anibody knows why? thanks

I've noticed the roll axis in the flight model is very sensitive and not very stable when level in this flight model, almost like it's balanced on a pinhead. The flight model is new so this may be tuned out as it matures. It's also possible that this roll instability is a feature of the real aircraft, who knows? It was apparently done in collaboration with a real Mig-29 pilot so maybe it's a result of a design trade-off to make it a better dog-fighter. But that's all wild speculation so doesn't really matter anyway. You would get a much closer match to reality if you simply extended you flight stick so it came up from the floor changing the arc of movement as you move your hand around.

As for me I just use the attitude hold when established on a flight path and turn the AP off again when I need to manoeuvre. Both functions are bound to my HOTAS. If the roll sensitivity ends up tuned out then YAY. If not, well I use the autopilot a lot in the F-18 too so I already have a solution that matches my general flying habits :)

As we already are at the subject...

My Thrusmaster Top Gun Afterburner (17 year old joystick), seems to be showing its time.

Keeps losing calibration more frequently, what a bugger.

edit:

Well, after a "medical examination" to my faithful joystick, I concluded that the time has come for retirement.

Enjoy your retirement my Top Gun Afterburner friend! :thumbup:

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 3 months later...

It's the same for me ...

A very small but surely noticeable tendency to roll right, at any speed and any altitude.

Yesterday I was trying to destroy the engines with mach overspeed ( just for a test :P ) and I've got this continuous right roll at any speed ... I was unable to stop it with trim ( got a wharthog ) without overcorrecting on the other side.

Weird ... nothing critical, but surely it's there.