Ryzen or Intel

Ok, thanks. I just want to know if i'll need to upgrade.

By the time Vulkan gets incorporated into DCS, newer processors will be out. Might as well wait another generation.

I'm going with an 8 core Intel now because I don't have anything close to its power right now, and it should last for at least the next 5 years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah dont upgrade for now, its a bad time considering prices of graphics cards. I still expect the 7700K to perform well for some time, wait for Vulkan results and meanwhile enjoy what you got for now.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Remember the delidding thing with 8th gen. If the 9600k also has solder as TIM as the 9900k I'd pay 100€ extra for not voiding Intel's warranty and not having to buy a delidder + liquid metal + hightemp silicon glue.

If it hasn't, well, then it won't matter, both want a delid to stay cool then.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Remember the delidding thing with 8th gen. If the 9600k also has solder as TIM as the 9900k I'd pay 100€ extra for not voiding Intel's warranty and not having to buy a delidder + liquid metal + hightemp silicon glue.

If it hasn't, well, then it won't matter, both want a delid to stay cool then.

I thought 9th gen was confirmed soldered TIM for all K series? I'll have to re-read up on that.

*edit*

Snipped this screen capture from newegg. So yeah..apparently all 9th gen K series processors have soldered TIM. Read under "Push your limits" Still going to be a few years before I feel the need with my 8700k though I imagine. 4.9ghz holding strong in stress tests including at least 4.7 on the cache ring ratio wihtout a delid. Then again, my PC is mostly a glorified entertainment system with some very limited production use, so that's just me. If I had waited a year to upgrade from my 2500K tho or was just building a new rig? Whoo boy that sounds lovely. Might be worth hoping for a price drop over the next couple years, especially given that I could probably make some money back on my 8700K and offset the cost even more. I feel like despite it being a kneejerk to ryzen, 8th gen intels must have had high odds in the silicon lottery. Far more posts of people achieving near 5.0ghz or higher than complaints, at least once people figured out to disable the automatic OC features on their motherboards >.<. I personally haven't even tried to push mine to it's limits and don't feel a need to delid. Kudos to Intel if 9th gens hold up to that trend despite the recent 2700x vs 9900k sanctioned review debacle and the extra money you'd have to pay for a 9700k or 9900k. It will be interesting to see what 9th gen can do.

solderedtim.thumb.JPG.5eafe98ae2ebe60e91e748cae7018dc4.JPG

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.