Mig29 throttle and other bugs ...

Vatikus

[deleted line regarding throttle as with latest OB this is much improved]

NWS HI mode should be activated by pressing the "lock on" button when the flaps are up. Currently it's on just by flaps up.

Gun should not be free to fire with CL tank.

If manual engine start is used, left engine should be started first, currently it does not matter.

Engines can be flown near 0 or negative G without limits which should not be possible.

I guess these two are FC simplification across all FC planes...

There is more but I tried to stay away from the avionics since we wont have any work done here until we get ffm...

29thr.thumb.jpg.d62d8c1c98390243068b4e777be1b9b9.jpg

Edited by Vatikus

NWS HI mode should be activated by pressing the "lock on" button when the flaps are up. Currently it's on just by flaps up.

Yes but thats probably just a simplification of FC3.

Gun should not be free to fire with CL tank.

IIRC thats only the case for early CL tanks - I believe this was corrected at a later point, so gun employment is possible while carrying a CL tank.

If manual engine start is used, left engine should be started first, currently it does not matter.

Its correct that the RL manual states this, but the question whether there is actually a systemic restriction in this regard or whether its just a direction for "good practise".

JJ

also the radar is bugged , when in TWS2 mode it will switch to STT if contact is lost....it should stay in TWS all the time.

p.s: Do we have a NWS HI mode in the mig29????There is no NWS mode, it's always on all the time , cant'be deactivated.....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

IIRC thats only the case for early CL tanks - I believe this was corrected at a later point, so gun employment is possible while carrying a CL tank.

9.12A & B have this restriction. However I have no documentation regarding this for 9.13. That being said, we do not have any G limits simulated either. You can pull past limit with full tanks...

p.s: Do we have a NWS HI mode in the mig29????There is no NWS mode, it's always on all the time , cant'be deactivated.....

Yes. If you have flaps UP NWS HI mode is active in DCS while flaps DOWN LO mode is active.

While Alfa is probably right in FC simplification, I think that if we need to press extra button for 27 NWS, I see no reason why not here as in HI mode it is very sensitive... well one can only hope for full module someday...

59th_LeFty, I stand corrected. Thank you.

Not necessarily a correction, in air forces they modify their planes all over inside and out. Could be a local "patch". germans flew with CL M1.5+, didn't die in the process so they certified it M1.5. Manual restricts 0.85 :)

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Not necessarily a correction, in air forces they modify their planes all over inside and out. Could be a local "patch". germans flew with CL M1.5+, didn't die in the process so they certified it M1.5. Manual restricts 0.85 :)

Yeah, it's probably some minor modification. IIRC, the initial weapon operating manual for the Yugoslav MiG-29 9.12B (well, I say initial as it only mentions R-60M missiles) mentions that the gun is not to be used if the CL tank was on.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

9.12A & B have this restriction. However I have no documentation regarding this for 9.13. That being said, we do not have any G limits simulated either. You can pull past limit with full tanks...

Yes but IIRC it was just down to the CL tank itself - i.e. that the initial tank would block the outlet for spent casings, but that this was rectified later simply by re-designing the tank with a hole for them to pass through(as seen in Lefty's first image).

But I don't know if there was an actual system restriction(like a switch) that would disable the cannon when the CL tank was installed, or whether it was just a procedural restriction.

Edited by Alfa

JJ

Yes but IIRC it was just down to the CL tank itself - i.e. that the initial tank would block the outlet for spent casings, but that this was rectified later simply by re-designing the tank with a hole for them to pass through(as seen in Lefty's first image).

But I don't know if there was an actual system restriction(like a switch) that would disable the cannon when the CL tank was installed, or whether it was just a procedural restriction.

IIRC, I've read that there was an electrical connection blocking the firing of the gun when the CL tank was on.

But, AFAIK, the pass-through was for the APU, not for the cannon shells. The cannon shell problem was solved by modifying the cannon installation and the way the shells were ejected.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

IIRC, I've read that there was an electrical connection blocking the firing of the gun when the CL tank was on.

That sounds logical anyway.

But, AFAIK, the pass-through was for the APU, not for the cannon shells. The cannon shell problem was solved by modifying the cannon installation and the way the shells were ejected.

Yeah maybe you are right - its been a long time since I read about this, so maybe I am confusing the two :)

JJ