A/G selected

bombs selected

auto mode selected

HUD sensor activated

pipper over target and target and target designated

I get the REL counter counting down

Press and hold pickle button on REL +5

and then my problem..

The REL hits 0 when I'm directly above my target. So my bombs drop directly above target, resulting in hitting the ground way past my target.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong here, but I just can't find out what :(

I've searched the forum, watched all auto bombing training videos I could find on youtube but didn't find the answer

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I just found out I only have this problem when using MK82 Snake Eye's. All other bombs work just fine (fantasticly easy and fast way of auto bombing btw!).

I was trying to get this auto bombing to work with the snake eye's because I'm having major trouble releasing them on target in CCIP mode without crashing my plane into the ground. Still my initial question remains.. Should the auto bombing procedure for snake eye's be similar as to other bomb types? If so, why are my bombs being released to late?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Snakeyes set to ret ? That's the only suggestion i can make as i understand auto to mean ccrp , which i understand needs a waypoint and target elevation input to work .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Snakeyes set to ret ? That's the only suggestion i can make as i understand auto to mean ccrp , which i understand needs a waypoint and target elevation input to work .

I thought ccrp mode is called "auto" in the Hornet, but yes, I mean ccrp mode. Also I did set them to RET. Do I understand correctly that Snake eye's can only be dropped on target in auto mode, with predesignated (waypoint) targets?

Snake eye's really need a target elevation input?

So for all different types of low drag bombs (different weight, drag, center of gravity) the Hornets computers are capable of calculating the exact release point when designating a target from the air by HUD, but for high drag bombs it doesn't? In both cases I assume the onboard computers have to detect the target elevation to calculate the correct release point, so why shouldn't it be able to do so for high drag bombs? :huh:

Can anyone point out to me a proper instruction (video preferably) on how to auto (ccrp) drop Snake eye's.

Or in case there isn't one, maybe someone can make an instruction video? :D (searching the forum on Snake eye issues, shows me I'm not the only one struggling on getting them on target)

System specs:

may seem silly but make sure if your using waypoints are target points to have the elevation set on the ground and not a fly over

I understand

But it still leaves open my main question, why this is all needed for snake eye bombing :helpsmilie:

System specs:

I'm having trouble with auto bombing mode

I think I have everything setup correctly:

master arm to on

A/G selected

bombs selected

auto mode selected

HUD sensor activated

pipper over target and target and target designated

I get the REL counter counting down

Press and hold pickle button on REL +5 and then my problem..

The REL hits 0 when I'm directly above my target. So my bombs drop directly above target, resulting in hitting the ground way past my target.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong here, but I just can't find out what :(

I've searched the forum, watched all auto bombing training videos I could find on youtube but didn't find the answer

Exactly! Same here.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb