LAN game out of sync

imdying

Hi Guys,

Just started LOMAC, was looking for a COOP modern jet simulator. Loving playing it, and I've recruited a few mates to the party.

Have found what I can't decide is a bug, or just a lack of understanding on my part.

Originally, I couldn't create a multiplayer mission. Only 1 'slot' would be free on the team. I eventually figured out that you needed multiple flights, the first one with 'player' as the skill level, and the others as 'client'. That may be wrong please please correct me if I've still not 'got it'. I also found that making multiple 'client' flights without a 'player' one worked also.

So we got playing, no worries there, started the server and everyone connected and choose a flight to join.

I noticed some funny business though... I would die, and be in spectator mode, and I'd see my mate get blown away... but he didn't... on his PC, he was still flying!!!

So we started again, and I got him to break left at the start... sure enough, I saw him break left. But when he died, he could see my plane still flying about, but not doing the things I was telling it to do...

Am I crazy? Or missing something fundamental? Or is this a well known bug that all noobs come across?

Regards,

Malcolm

make sure global setting is on, it sounds like your buddie was flying on his own 'dificulty setting'

as for making the mission. make every plane including your own to be client.

when hosting you will slecect plane like everybody else.

the setting for difficulty is something like global settings or set global..

have fun flying at your lan.

Savage 77th Squadron 'S77th' http://www.s77th.com

The Lomac League, For Squadrons & Single Players http://www.LomacLeague.com

dantesig.gif

Thanks for your reply mate. The code for the interface is somewhat, fragile :lol:

I've figured out that you need to click things in specific orders... although if you've trouble with LAN games, it's just best to suck it up and restart the game. Thank goodness it takes like 2 seconds to load! I'm eternally grateful for that... it's also a good thing it loads new missions in under a second, that's good for people who die a lot...:music_whistling:

Anyway the global setting... we both have it turned on in options... but when I'm setting the options during lan play mode, that button is very dark, almost black. Not sure if that means it's on or not, look darker than the other options that are turned off... I should take a screen shot.

I'm running version 1.02, it's amazingly buggy, if it wasn't so much fun to play... I'm reluctant to shell out for FC, is the code any more stable?

But when he died, he could see my plane still flying about, but not doing the things I was telling it to do...

simple, don't die :D

On a more serious note, FC is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. it's definitely worth the 20 more bucks. (or you can download it for 15, but that has it's risks.) many bugs squashed, new flyable plane,

I dunno about LAN though.... I've heard it doesn't work...... you may instead want to try flying on a server on Hyperlobby.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I've read a little about FC utilizing starforce (which in my experience is the devil). I'm happy to buy it if there's a nocd crack, or if one of those sf disabling programs works... but if not, well sf really rubs me the wrong way (I'd be willing to bet I'm not alone on that).

Love old games... the price is always right :D

• 2 weeks later...
I'm running version 1.02, it's amazingly buggy, if it wasn't so much fun to play... I'm reluctant to shell out for FC, is the code any more stable?

Hello

First of all, don't use the "LAN" Network mode, even if you are in LAN.

=> Choose the "Internet" Network mode, it's far far better (no comparison). You'll have to enter the IP (as a client) of the host computer (should be 192.168.x.x in a LAN).

(By the way : This f***ing LAN mode diseapears in LOFC ;)

Then, about FC : Yes, there was improvments in the network code between LO 1.02 and actual version of LOFC (1.12b). Those improvments reduce lags, disconnections and other little bugs. The last FC version, with its assymetric network code (and others fixes) is therefore much more stable than 1.02, in solo and multiplayers modes.

Have nice flights :pilotfly:

Azrayen'

spacer.png