SU-25T joystick layout

bmbpdk

Hi, i got a Virpil T-50 stick, and i would like to map it realisticly.

I googled it and i can only find layout in russian, and only a few buttons makes sense using google translate.

This thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=20049 says witch buttons are used, but not witch functions belongs to witch buttons.

Can someone help me with the rest of the layout?

Thanks in advance

OEpWmMq.jpg.fe31669ab0974a34d449ef6686ffa533.jpg

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

• 11 months later...

Here's a list of all the controls on the Su-25 and Su-25T stick and throttle (unless I missed some), and my best guess at their corresponding mapping in DCS. If anyone finds any mistakes here, please correct me!

Su-25 and Su-25T:

Stick:

• Main trigger ("БК Огонь"): cannon*

• Folding trigger ("БК Подвеска"): weapon fire*

• ТРИМ hat (top center): trim

• Lower left hat: target designator (TDC) slew

Throttle:

• МЕХ КРЫЛА switch: flaps (really only to switch between retracted (ПК) and maneuvering (МК) settings; the takeoff and landing setting (ВПК) can be activated by the three-position flap switch on the left side of the cockpit)

• РАДИО button: communication menu

• ТОРМ. ЩИТКИ switch: airbrake

• 0-1-2-3-M dial: target box size/funnel target wingspan/gunpod elevation

Su-25 only:

Stick:

• НУЛЬ АСП button (top right): laser designator on/off**

• C 60/Б П switch: weapon change

• Unlabeled top left white button: I don't think this button exists on the real Su-25 stick?
    . (I have seen this button on the Su-25SM stick, though. Does anyone know what it does?)

Throttle:

• КЛЕН ПЗ button: laser designator on/off

Su-25T only:

Stick:

• ОТКЛ САУ button (top left): autopilot disengage

• СБРОС ЦЕЛИ button (top right): target unlock

• В В (up) switch position: longitudinal missile aiming (i.e., air-to-air) mode

• В П (down) switch position: air-to-ground mode

Throttle:

• КЛЕН ПЗ button: target lock***

• СБРОС ЛТЦ button: chaff/flare

• There's also a "УБР" label on the throttle (under the КЛЕН ПЗ label), with an arrow pointing forward - anyone know what that's indicating? I have no clue!

*On the Su-25, depending on the position of the C 60/Б П switch, the main trigger fires either rockets/missiles or bombs and the folding trigger fires either R-60s or the cannon. Not sure how the triggers function on the Su-25T, but I'd guess the same as the Su-27 (i.e., the main trigger is the cannon and the folding trigger is everything else).

**According to my understanding of running this post through Google Translate, the КЛЕН ПЗ button is used to activate the laser and the НУЛЬ АСП button only deactivates it.

***I suspect this is mislabeled in DCS because the Su-25T doesn't have a Klen (Клен) system! (It's replaced by the Shkval system.) It looks like in older versions of the game, this button was labeled something else - I've seen the letters "ИВЯЗКА" sticking out under the flap switch in pictures/videos (

). Perhaps the full label is "ПРИВЯЗКА"? According to this post, a "sight stabilize" button exists on the throttle, so I think this must be it. (But if so, how is the laser designator turned on/off?)
Edited by N22YF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot N22YF.

Your post is very useful for me. <3

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks a lot N22YF.

Your post is very useful for me. <3

Glad to hear it was useful! (And by the way, thank you for your excellent English cockpit mods, which have certainly been very useful for me!)

Also, I just edited my post to add some more color on the "КЛЕН ПЗ" button on the Su-25T throttle - after more thought and research, I'm thinking it's mislabeled and is actually the "target lock" button.

• 6 months later...
There's also a "УБР" label on the throttle (under the КЛЕН ПЗ label), with an arrow pointing forward - anyone know what that's indicating? I have no clue!

I figured it out! This is an abbreviation for "уборка", indicating that pushing the airbrake switch forward retracts the airbrakes. The same abbreviation is seen on the airbrake control of the MiG-29 throttle.

• 5 months later...

Want to thank everyone for this. I tried to find out about Su-25 control mappings in 2010 and we didn’t get this far. Things are better now with a greater variety of sticks being made like the Virpil Mongoose. Just awesome. Once again, thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:)