Cannot shoot fox2

Oldfox

Hi guys!

Curious problem I had yesterday, probably I'm just doing something stupid but tried some quick missions and sometimes when it comes to closer range I'm unable to launch the Fox2s !? Radar lock, but no tone, uncaging does nothing, trigger won't launch the missile....

Of course Master Arm is on because that's usually after spamming some AIM7... Tried to mess with the IR cool switch with no success, and this was my only guess. On some missions where I can shoot the AIM9, I have that switch on OFF by default anyway so not sure it's the problem...

Don't have a track unfortunately but will try to save one if it shows up again.

Thanks!

I think this can happen (to any weapon) if you rearm on the airfield/carrier, but start to move before the ground crew is done with the reloading process. Even when you see all the stuff on your pylons, there can be a couple of seconds before they confirm "rearming complete" (and pull the safety pins I guess?). I've had this happen, and my weapons showed up on the SMS screen, but I couldn't use them.

Not sure if this is what you experienced, but can be good to know regardless. :)

There is an issue with the Instant Action Caucasas 4v4 ACM mission (4 F/A18s vs 4 MiG29s) where you cannot shoot the AIM9Ms that are loaded under the wings anymore. I think this is because they're on single rails which are apparently not realistic and have been removed. Maybe this is what you've run into?

One way to test is to select the wingtip AIM9Ms and see if they shoot - cycle the missiles by hitting the AIM9 select button until the wingtips missiles selected.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

I believe Formski is correct, I ran into this as well and I think it was resolved by changing my load out in my mission. Previously we could load single AIM9s on outer pylons, but this was recently changed, now you can only put dual launchers there when arming a2a. A mission with such a load out (singles) will not fire them off.

You are probably right I think that's definitely the problem I had!

Other thing I had: generating an instant mission ends up with a Hornet facing multiple bogeys with only the gun on board :D Or maybe that's what they call "hard" difficulty level? :p