• Mk.106 Practice Bomb
  • BDU-33 Practice Bomb
  • BDU-45 Practice Bomb
  • BDU-48 Practice Bomb
  • BDU-57 LGTR

Miscellaneaous:

• M61-A1 Vulcan Cannon

???

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You forgot the Zuni rockets. And why no A-G weapons for the A? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Also TARPS under miscellaneous Not a weapon but it is confirmed by HB

The A did not in US service carry any air to surface weapons in the time frame portrayed

Edited by Danish_Squid
adding line

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

You forgot the Zuni rockets. And why no A-G weapons for the A? :huh:

The F-14A being simulated is from a mid-late 80s time frame. During that period the USN had not spent the money to verify carry or release of air to ground weapons on the jet.

Doctrinally, the Navy was only interested in using the aircraft in a purely air to air role, and to an extant the F-14 community actively fought any attempt to add any ground attack mission to their responsibilities.

Due to a number of factors, the F-14 community realized in the early 90s that without embracing a multi-role capability, the aircraft would likely be retired early, and allocated funds to verify the functionality of the original air-to-ground programming written by Grumman in the 70s, and verify a set of loadouts that could be used. This occurred for all Tomcats (As, Bs and Ds), but our A is modelled off a period before this happened.

our A is modelled off a period before this happened.

Correct, but has HB confirmed that the A simply won't be able to use A/G weapons?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

The F-14A being simulated is from a mid-late 80s time frame. During that period the USN had not spent the money to verify carry or release of air to ground weapons on the jet.

Doctrinally, the Navy was only interested in using the aircraft in a purely air to air role, and to an extant the F-14 community actively fought any attempt to add any ground attack mission to their responsibilities.

Due to a number of factors, the F-14 community realized in the early 90s that without embracing a multi-role capability, the aircraft would likely be retired early, and allocated funds to verify the functionality of the original air-to-ground programming written by Grumman in the 70s, and verify a set of loadouts that could be used. This occurred for all Tomcats (As, Bs and Ds), but our A is modelled off a period before this happened.

I see, thanks :thumbup:

The question remains though:

Correct, but has HB confirmed that the A simply won't be able to use A/G weapons?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Was browsing through some stuff on my lunch break - I think the issue is that they had to develop methods of carrying the A/G weapons for the B, and the A simply didn't have these available to it.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

A was tested with A/G capability, the Navy just needed a interceptor and fleet defense aircraft it had A-6 and A-7 to haul high explosives.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

The A did carry out strikes just like the B did.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Preliminary fleet carry for A2G weapons in the A did not start until very late 1989 and early 1990 with VF-51, VF-111 and a few others. Tomcats *were* dropping dumb bombs, in practice, before Desert Storm but did not do so operationally until 1995 over Bosnia.

The A that HB is doing and the general time period for the A isn't correct by a few years for A2G work.

However it's worth noting that Tomcats won the US Navy bombing competition in 1993 using only CCIP and dumb bombs...that's with Intruders and Hornets in the mix ;)

Pretty sure they've already confirmed we're not getting the JDAM as it doesn't fit the timeline of the B they've modelled. You've also missed out the ADM-141 TALD which I think they've said we'll get once ED model it for the Hornet.
That would be a pity! I can live with a not upgraded A model, but currently reading books about F-14 in OEF anderen OIF, dropping GBU-31s amongst Others stuff, it sounds like complete payload would be missing a very popular A-G weapon of these conflicts.

From the advertisement:

(...)"The complete F-14A and B Tomcat payload, including AIM-7, AIM-9 and AIM-54 air to air missiles, various dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon."(...)

Edit: ...and just for clarification: US F-14A did drop JDAM, as well, amongst other A-G weapons. ;)

I am sure these were upgraded ones.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That would be a pity! I can live with a not upgraded A model, but currently reading books about F-14 in OEF anderen OIF, dropping GBU-31s amongst Others stuff, it sounds like complete payload would be missing a very popular A-G weapon of these conflicts.

From the advertisement:

(...)"The complete F-14A and B Tomcat payload, including AIM-7, AIM-9 and AIM-54 air to air missiles, various dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon."(...)

Edit: ...and just for clarification: US F-14A did drop JDAM, as well, amongst other A-G weapons. ;)

I am sure these were upgraded ones.

This was the last I heard on it, from the Hoggit AMA:

F-14As could not drop JDAMs, they lacked digital databus.

Source: page 19 in Tony Holmes' book about F-14s in OIF.

Yep, my bad. VF-11, not VF-211...missed that on the page flip.

The A in the package were equipped with LGBs.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 5.1 mit Tapatalk

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

so tomcat didin't have any a-g guided missiles like agm-65 or harm? we always need to fly over the target to hit it?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

so tomcat didin't have any a-g guided missiles like agm-65 or harm? we always need to fly over the target to hit it?

HARM and Harpoon were tested on the D IIRC, but not integrated in the end.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You don't have to fly over the target to hit with a GBU - you've just gotta lob it. We should be able to get 5-10nm lobs out of it pretty easily with such a high speed launch platform.

The F-14A being simulated is from a mid-late 80s time frame.

It's great they model "cold war" variants instead of as modern as possible. There is a chance F-14 will have some real life counterpart in the game. Modern MiG's and SU's (after 1990) will never be implemented in the game for sure (except simplified FC variants) so '60, '70 and '80 scenarios are by far the most interesting for me.

It's great they model "cold war" variants instead of as modern as possible. There is a chance F-14 will have some real life counterpart in the game. Modern MiG's and SU's (after 1990) will never be implemented in the game for sure (except simplified FC variants) so '60, '70 and '80 scenarios are by far the most interesting for me.

Completely agree, this is why I don't even remotely care for wanting the D or the Sparrowhawk HUD. I feel some people only want modern avionics simply because it makes things easier for them. Heck I want the PW TF-30 over the F110-GE-400 because it will be hard and much more rewarding to master!

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Completely agree, this is why I don't even remotely care for wanting the D or the Sparrowhawk HUD. I feel some people only want modern avionics simply because it makes things easier for them. Heck I want the PW TF-30 over the F110-GE-400 because it will be hard and much more rewarding to master!

I agree too, would be nice to get cold war period things. :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I prefer the Cold War stuff as well, with my lazy exception being the unassisted bombing (like e.g. on the F-5E) which is a no-go for me.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!