DCS On a Surface Pro

tom1502

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to work on the mission editor when I'm away from home. I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad Pro, so those can not run DCS full stop.

I was wondering whether a Surface Pro would be able to run DCS purely for the mission editor, with no intention of flying.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

If the macbook pro has a discrete graphics card and enough free drive space, it could run dcs using apple’s bootcamp and windows 7/8.

None of the surface pro has discrete graphics, and i believe that dcs will not run well (if at all) on the intel integrated graphics.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks, thought it would be unlikely. It's something I'll probably have to leave. It was a thought for the future replacement of the MacBook and iPad; though I don't want to move that stuff away from Apple.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to work on the mission editor when I'm away from home. I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad Pro, so those can not run DCS full stop.

I was wondering whether a Surface Pro would be able to run DCS purely for the mission editor, with no intention of flying.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

yes you can...i use a surface pro as a server sometimes....i had just to edit a line in the config about the graphics card.

but if you use it only in mission editor you should non have any issue.

But having a macbook pro i would consider use a windows virtual machine

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png