is the AV-8B+ still planned ?

FZG_Immel

No? What other avionics changes were there besides addition of a hornets an/apg65 radar and ability to fire Ammrams?

They are in fact so fundamentally different that they use the exact same flight and tactical manuals, checklists and performance charts as the night attack.

"The AV-8B radar aircraft is the same as the AV-8B night attack with the APG-65 radar incorporated. The addition of the APG-65 radar enhances mission effectiveness through improved navigation, air-to-surface, and air-to-air weapon systems capabilities." - A1-AV8BB-NFM-000-2011

Edited by Vladinsky
typo

They are in fact so fundamentally different that they use the exact same flight and tactical manuals, checklists and performance charts as the night attack.

I can't get my sarcasm radar On, so I am incapable detect is that friend or foe....

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I probably didn't set my Mode 4 correctly, there was indeed an element of sarcasm included.

I am very interested in finding out exactly what would warrant an entirely new module though when the department of the navy literally states that it's the same aircraft with a radar fitted and integrated.

I'd certainly hope they're competent enough to know what they're flying.

"The AV-8B radar aircraft is the same as the AV-8B night attack with the APG-65 radar incorporated. The addition of the APG-65 radar enhances mission effectiveness through improved navigation, air-to-surface, and air-to-air weapon systems capabilities." - A1-AV8BB-NFM-000-2011

I think the fundamental difference is in the systems / software rather than the aircraft itself. Also the removal of some NA only systems like ARBS. I dont know if that would be enough to warrant a full $60 if we already own the NA but I have heard people say they would pay that for an A-10C upgraded to Suite 7 or 8 so they can have JHMCS.

I would like to think AV-8B NA owners could get a nice discount on the Plus & vice versa.

Or they could do what they are doing with the MiG-19 and what HB is doing with the F-14 and bundle 2 variants together. I doubt this will happen now though.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

• 3 months later...
I think the fundamental difference is in the systems / software rather than the aircraft itself. Also the removal of some NA only systems like ARBS. I dont know if that would be enough to warrant a full $60 if we already own the NA but I have heard people say they would pay that for an A-10C upgraded to Suite 7 or 8 so they can have JHMCS.

I would like to think AV-8B NA owners could get a nice discount on the Plus & vice versa.

Or they could do what they are doing with the MiG-19 and what HB is doing with the F-14 and bundle 2 variants together. I doubt this will happen now though.

Wasn't the Plus and N/A variants pilots manuals the same? Meaning so much they were alike that no new manuals were given.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Wasn't the Plus and N/A variants pilots manuals the same? Meaning so much they were alike that no new manuals were given.

--

The II+ is a Harrier II with a new nose cone and some of the systems are different. The AV-8B Harrier II Day Attack, Night Attack, +, and TAV-8B use the same NATOPS manuals, anything differing (flight characteristics, equipment or systems) is noted in the NATOPS.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The main difference is that the II+ has no DMT and has agp-65 radar in place of it

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

IMHO the Harriet should be first module to offer a base+upgrade licensing.

The + variant would be cheap, like 20€ to buy, but you need to own the N/A first.

In future that would be used on many other modules, base is own, and then upgrades cost little extra.

Just to support developers and their effort.

Still each upgrade would be standalone from other upgrades, so you only need base and then choose any other upgrade module.

It would be little like a Normandy and WW2 additional vehicles.

Or the GPS navigation module to Mi-8 etc...

I would gladly pay 20€ extra for AV-8B+. But not 60€ for the radar. But I would be very happy if it would be free for pre-orderes.

--

I probably didn't set my Mode 4 correctly, there was indeed an element of sarcasm included.

Yeah, you forgot ECM On, but I think some might have burned through....

--

Let's get a proper AV-8B first.

+1

The Night Attack II needs some serious love.

Edited by Low Blow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

I think we will see the Harrier Night Attack get the love it truly deserves and it is my hope that it comes out of Early Access by the middle of this year as it has been in early access for 13 to 14 months. Razbam have said they will provide more information shortly on what their exact plans are as far as completing the M2K and Harrier modules.

If Razbam do actually get around to doing the + variant with the radar I do not expect that to happen this year as I think it is dependant on ED's ground radar technology they are working on for the Hornet and there doesn't seem to be any indication of that happening any time soon. I just want to see the current N/A variant completed before I even contemplate spending money on any other Early Access module.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

The mirage is still considered EA right?

And no I wouldn't expect mid year, the harrier is complicated and lots of stuff is missing or broken. I hope to see some decent progress by mid year though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I understand the scepticism given that in June of last year Razbam claimed that the Harrier would be complete by close of 2018. That is why I said my hope was it would be complete middle this year 2019. It's just a hope nothing more. And given the delays I will not be buying the Mig-19 or any other modules from either Razbam, ED or any third party developer until I see the Harrier come out of early access. For me to own a module in early access for more than 18 months is something I just cannot stomach anymore. Finally given the list of other aircraft projects the plus variant of the US Harrier could be years away if at all.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I think the bigger issue is lack of comms and plan on the Harrier, along with a road-map of feature priority to fix first. I'm pretty sure a good part of the community wants to see the ALS/CCRP issues fixed at the top of the list.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 10 months later...

Yes we will..

But for it to happen, some stuff have to happen as well in DCSW.

And it will be a stand alone module, it's not like is just a Night Attack version with a radar attached to it.

It seems that with ED's release of the A2G API something has happened.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Can we get a working completed AV-8B Night Attack module before even hoping for a more complex version of it. At this point I am not even sure RAZBAM has the technical aptitude to build anything as complicated as the AV-8B+ as they seem to be struggling with this module as well as some of their simpler ones.

Edited by ruxtmp

I think the bigger issue is lack of comms and plan on the Harrier, along with a road-map of feature priority to fix first. I'm pretty sure a good part of the community wants to see the ALS/CCRP issues fixed at the top of the list.

This. The Mirage, an aircraft without GPS, can't even do a proper INS update or bomb accurately. The Harrier can't even track a moving target with DMT.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to do, but I will say I won't buy anything RAZBAM until their current modules are 90% complete with all offensive capabilities modeled.

• Like 1