F-14 or Persian Gulf

Kresomatic

So I already own f/a18 and cant decide which one to buy gulf map or f14 module because my budget can't cover both...

Can we expect mavericks, targeting pod and lgb-s to be implemented in hornet before f14 is released?

Edited by Kresomatic

So I already iwn f/a18 and cant decide which one to buy gulf map or f14 module because my budget can't cover both...

Can we expect mavericks, targeting pod and lgb-s to be implemented in hornet before f14 is released?

Go for what your heart tells you.

No you cannot expect that as no exact dates are mentioned for both the weapons and the tomcat.

My thinking would be it takes long to master the F-18 but you get bored of Caucasus quickly ;)

From what I read it sounds that the F-14A at least will be completed much sooner than the F-18C. Apparently F-18C has no deadlines just updates coming frequently.

Personally I'll probably wait it out with the Tomcat, already have the other stuff mentioned plus a good bunch of other modules. Always depends on the appetite so how ED will play its cards :D

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

wait, then get the tomcat, fly it, save then get the map later, its the plane that makes any map, not the map maketh the plane

Kinda my thought too.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The B is the version we are getting first.

Is that in print?

edit...Never mind I found it. They worded it differently than I would have and I misread it. That makes a difference of when I buy it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

I'm not really interested in the F-14 until we get the B version.
I agree. It's questionable as to whether I'd have purchased the F-14 at all if we were only to receive the 'A' 'Cat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I would have bought it anyway even though I very much prefer mudmoving over air to air engagements. I guess though I will enjoy it a lot more in the cat with the AWG-9, AIM-54C and especially Jester.

I definately like the look of the A though, those exhaust nozzles are something special I haven't seen anywhere else and with those glove vanes extended, it's also something to look at. And add to that, being in a machine that's officially underpowered and still beating stuff in the Danger Zone is just awesome dealwithit.png

But it's great to have the B first salute.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I really want to fly the A to see if it is as bad as they make it out to be. The great thing about DCS is that you don't put your life on the line when you fly in combat which means you can enjoy temperamental aircraft you wouldn't really want to fly in actual combat. We can enjoy the challenge. Most actual pilots probably didn't.

I really want to fly the A to see if it is as bad as they make it out to be. The great thing about DCS is that you don't put your life on the line when you fly in combat which means you can enjoy temperamental aircraft you wouldn't really want to fly in actual combat. We can enjoy the challenge. Most actual pilots probably didn't.

Depends on your personal penalties. If I die I won't fly for a week as self-punishment. I try to keep it as real as possible and won't take dumb chances if I think i'll die.

I do the same with race sims. I never drive over my head. My dad drove that into me as I grew up. Challenge yourself but don't be stupid about it. You should see how he made me hunt and i've stayed with it.

Buzz

I'm bit of the same boat, without the Bombcat I'm unsure if' I'd purchased it.
If the F-14A had reliable engines, the I would be content with simply owning it alone. However, the TF30s, as we all know, were notoriously mercurial. Especially at times when they shouldn't have been. I want the 'B' model because of the advantages the F110s will give me "in the phone booth" with Flankers and Eagles.

I mean, yeah, I get that the F-14B's primary appeal to people is probably dropping GBUs, but when I look at her I don't see a bomb truck.

If the F-14A had reliable engines, the I would be content with simply owning it alone. However, the TF30s, as we all know, were notoriously mercurial. Especially at times when they shouldn't have been. I want the 'B' model because of the advantages the F110s will give me "in the phone booth" with Flankers and Eagles.

I mean, yeah, I get that the F-14B's primary appeal to people is probably dropping GBUs, but when I look at her I don't see a bomb truck.

Well, yeah, but now we get both worlds so thumbs up to Heatblur. Fighting our way in to drop the GBUs. That's why I feel the F-15C is a little dull as I can only do air-to-air, and I yearn for a Strike Eagle.

I do look forward to the F-14A and the Pacific Squadrons, and all the Cold War scenarios that will come out. I just want some options :)

Well, yeah, but now we get both worlds so thumbs up to Heatblur. Fighting our way in to drop the GBUs. That's why I feel the F-15C is a little dull as I can only do air-to-air, and I yearn for a Strike Eagle.

I do look forward to the F-14A and the Pacific Squadrons, and all the Cold War scenarios that will come out. I just want some options :)

Oh, I don't disagree. It was certainly a wise idea to include the LANTIRN pod and the F-14B's strike capability. It makes the module much more attractive to us. Not everyone enjoys mixing it up with heaters and a gun.

Oh, I don't disagree. It was certainly a wise idea to include the LANTIRN pod and the F-14B's strike capability. It makes the module much more attractive to us. Not everyone enjoys mixing it up with heaters and a gun.

Especially considering the Tomcat dropped more bombs and fired more air-to-ground weaponry than it fired air-to-air missiles.