HW Wiz that can help?. OC ram crashes from no to lots microstutter vr stutter

Hi there

i7700k

win 10 1803

1080 TI

I had a rather fresh windows install and i had my DCS and X plane 11 running rock solid. CPU frametime was running 10-13ms Could do 300% SS in X plane and lots in DCS without any issue

Decided my ram was bottlenecking those last CPU ms and tried to OC the ram to 3000 a little quick but had 3 crashes. Lost X plane settings completely (had to redo all) with only a desktop crash and never actually starting it, also had a samsung driver failure for the HD.

After this ive tried every setting imaginable even reset windows to a fresh system image. No matter what i do now i get stutter regardless of the settings. Tried loading defaults in Bios, process lasso, all kinds of nvidia control panel settings. Basically nothing works. This mainly for X plane but i do get some stutter in DCS too

Any ideas? I have no idea now.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Think you just learned-as i did-don't fix it if it ain't broke :)

There is a thread in 2.5>bugs>performance regarding stutters that may offer some insights...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

did you take a backup image of your OS drive before starting to mess about with overclocking ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Think you just learned-as i did-don't fix it if it ain't broke :)

There is a thread in 2.5>bugs>performance regarding stutters that may offer some insights...

Believe me ive banged my head in the wall a few times....

did you take a backup image of your OS drive before starting to mess about with overclocking ?

Its restored trough a full (drivers installed etc) system image yes but there's no change. Would be looking at a full format which isnt a huge deal, just annoying.

Edited by trigen

did you at least set the ram to run at the factory xmp profile in bios after resetting defaults?

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

did you at least set the ram to run at the factory xmp profile in bios after resetting defaults?

I have done all the obvious stuff of course. It's back on stable of settings now anyhow