Problem with dynamic weather

Ignition

Hi, I'm trying to force the weather to have clouds with precipitation but the problem I have is it generates a lot of wind.

I don't want to have hurricanes, I just want clouds with a casual rain.

With the static weather is very easy but unrealistic since the whole map has the same weather and I do missions which cross the entire map.

How can I do this?

Hello,

With dynamic weather, try to adjust the pressure difference in the adjustment window. you can also set the amount of pressure systems, then click "generate" I think it is, then keep clicking it until you find a weather pattern you like. Myself, I have found three to work best, then you have a change in weather. the more the pressure difference, the more the wind speed, and it goes from hi pressure to low pressure.

Hope this helps!

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Standard pressure is 101,300 Pa so +-1000 Pa is 1% which is a lot.

Generate to get a desired number and position of the pressure centers but don't worry about their actual pressure values. Maybe set them to +300 or -300 to start. With some practice you can dial in wind patterns very precisely.

As for clouds and precipitation, you really can't. Cold temperatures and low pressures make clouds and rain/snow but for any reasonable values you won't get significant clouds. There just isn't enough moisture there.

could any of you guys who have a "nice" interesting dynamic weather system post either your mission or just the data section from your mission file

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Standard pressure is 101,300 Pa so +-1000 Pa is 1% which is a lot.

Generate to get a desired number and position of the pressure centers but don't worry about their actual pressure values. Maybe set them to +300 or -300 to start. With some practice you can dial in wind patterns very precisely.

As for clouds and precipitation, you really can't. Cold temperatures and low pressures make clouds and rain/snow but for any reasonable values you won't get significant clouds. There just isn't enough moisture there.

Thanks, it seems the generator needs some more variables.

We also need an option to move around the pressure systems around the map.

I spend a lot of time trying to force a weather I like and it shouldn't be like that.

Thank you all.

Yeah, an absolute humidity slider or even a variable map of moisture would be excellent. Right now the air is pretty dry so even at low P or T the clouds are minor. Pretty sure ED says they are working on this.

And yes, draggable pressure center locations would be excellent. They'd have to figure out some kind of system to drag them well off the playable terrain (e.g. connect the origin and draggable point with a line and put the pressure center 5x as far). Because limiting centers to the playable is too compact for reasonable weather. Right now you have to text edit the miz file if you want custom positions.

Just want to add that, if after a lot of trial and error, you should come up with something you like, be sure to save it on the Dynamic Weather page in the ME. That way you can easily load it into other missions using the same map.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

could any of you guys who have a "nice" interesting dynamic weather system post either your mission or just the data section from your mission file

I would also like to see that :)

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

I have a few but I've never been really satisfied with them.

I've attached a couple, one for the Persian Gulf map and one for the Caucasus.

Both follow the same principle, with a "band" of low pressure across the map.

Ingame, you get a "band" of cloud from Minevody to Batumi on the caucasus map and on the PG map clouds are mainly over the central area.

Place those files in \Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\weather\dynamic and load them in the dynamic weather window.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think the one for the Caucasus map was made by the late Blooze.

7qPGqhO.png

aA6T2Wq.png

[BS] NE-SW Front.lua

[PG] NW-SE Front.lua

Edited by Eight Ball

Here's one for the Caucasus. Storm in the southern Caucasus. It moves through in about 4 hours or so. I made during the 1.5 days, when the cloudcover was more pronounced. You'll get wind and rain but not the cloud masses from the old days.

Put it in your "Saved Games\MissionEditor\weather\dynamic" folder. You can then insert it into any Caucasus mission thru the Dynamic Weather tab in the ME.

South Georgia Coastal Storms2.lua

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone knows how to interpret the wind symbology? How much is a little bar? 10 kts? I 'm looking for 25 kts WOD and putting the carrier at 10 deg off to get true 25 kts WOD thanks :)

Read Wind Barbs

_____

• 2 months later...

We need a new weather engine period. Compared to all the nice modules we have and will get the weather looks terrible. We still have not the same weather (clouds) in MP for everyone. We all get different clouds on the same server.

It would be great if we could import data form the real world, like : windy.com to create the cyclone/anti cyclo in the sim.

But I agree the weather system is super lacking. We have been promised new clouds forever now.

It would be great if some part of the map could have overcast and other not. Or to have different clouds then the simple clouds

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk