Sidearm bug

chief

Is this bug ever gonna get fixed? It's been a long time since it was first reported. Kinda getting crazy how long it's taken

As mentioned by someone else, can you please point out what particular bug you are referring to? Though I rarely use the sidearms (harrier is not a proper SEAD platform! Would usually rather save those rails for AIM-9s instead!) when I have carried them for their intended purpose of self defense against radar AAA, I have had no issues employing them. That said, perhaps there is just something I have not experienced before...

Perhaps if you:

1. Post this thread in the problems and bugs subforum so the devs know where to look

and, most importantly...

2. Be as elaborate and helpful as possible in outlining the bug you are experiencing. Simply posting that your wondering when a bug will be fixed and that your tired of waiting helps nobody.

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

Well, it works, but I at least have some trouble with the HUD symbols with it. I can tell it locks a target by the sound, but the HUD reticle more or less seems to jump to a semi-random position and just stay there (as in, same corner of the HUD, not spot in view), when turning the plane or even locking up with a second missile. I have my doubts it is supposed to do that. But then, while it may still need work, it is operational.

You have to constantly select them... the target symbol doesn't point to what it is shooting at, sometimes selecting it from the loadout screen it refuses to fire (shoots the gun instead).

I have noticed that the gun tends to be on a lot, especially after I drop all of my bombs. I usually switch it off when Im using the sidearms.

I have recently mapped the #7 button on the ACP to a hat switch so i can easily turn my sidearms on and off and its working 98% of the time now. I just make sure I have enough altitude for the sidearm to make it to the target without hitting any trees or buildings.

Wild Weasel missions are too fun now. hug those SAMs baby...

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

• 2 weeks later...

When you launch the sidearms without a lock are they supposed to go around in a circle till they crash? Not sure if that is a bug or not but I thought it was interesting behavior.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I have now read many different kind bugs in Sidearm launching parameters, but not a single one that the OP is referring to..... And no, I am not going to join some server to ask around what some people "know what I mean".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well Decoy, did you guys look into this trackfile or not? https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3665986&postcount=76

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence