Hornet flight characteristics after autopilot

doldi1989web.de

Hello,

I discovered a strange behavior and I don‘t know it’s a bug or a feature. When l‘m flying with BAlt on an push the button BAlt again, the : goes away and the Hornet stays in a strange steering mode. The flight char is nearly the same like in autopilot, but i slightly can change the pitch angle. And the Bank angle changing is also slowed down. Don‘t missunderstand me. It’s very Nice for AAR but it Is a bug or Is it intentional? I could Not load Up a track.

Don't press the UFC buttons if you want to disengage the autopilot, use the autopilot disengage button (nose-wheel steering paddle).

Thanks for reply, but that does bot answer my question. Is the bahviour a bug or a feature? I use the paddle switch but why it Is different When pressing the UFC button?

Not sure if the UFC button doesn't release the AP in the real plane or if it's a bug? Since they give us another way to disengage the AP i'm thinking the real plane it that way too.

Maybe Wags or real pilot will chime in.

Buzz

There is a basic autopilot mode.

It can either be activated by pressing the on/off button in the AP submenu or by disabling the specific AP modes (BALT, RALT, attitude and heading AP)

I think it is described somewhere in the docs but I have to look it up myself to find the exact source.