SA-19 TUNGUSKA USELESS ?

GumidekCZ

DCS 2.5.3.22176

I’m not able to shoot down any plane other than transport planes. This SAM system in my hands is almost useless. Effective only against helicopters. I’m didn’t found any good from Target Tracking Radar, its only giving me faulty aim point, nothing else. Am I missing some weapon guidance feature?

Not mine video, but still same result - very poor chance of kill

Another thing I did observed is the rocket booster stage smoke is missing.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZCt097Z5cuQIbldvHSsOq3uH4dHBXq1hljV

Solid rocket motor generate some smoke as seen from real video records.

WIKI

source:

http://pvo.guns.ru/tunguska/tunguska.htm

Guidance is performed by the target tracking radar, it constantly relays target range, elevation and bearing to the fire-control computer, and on the basis of this data the computer generates the laying commands for the guns or the trajectory corrections for the missiles. A back-up tracking method can be used by the gunner, who uses the 8× magnification (8 degree field of view) 1A29 stabilized sight of the Tunguska to track the target in elevation and azimuth, the altitude or range of the target being set manually. The gunner is initially cued towards the target by the system's search radar.

Edited by GumidekCZ

Did you hit ENTER (target lock) when the rader beam is on the target?

The requirement for the target lock

1) Must be in the range, about 4,32 Nm or 8000 meters 8 Km

2) And Altitude below 19000 feet or 5800 meters

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

Edited by Thomas Loeffelmann

I did hit Enter and wait until the brackets were red, but it only gives me aim point probably where fire computer wants me to aim with mouse. But this aim point is most of time way off (behind target movement or 1°~5° under the target). Worse is, the computer is not calculating point where target and missile will met (collision point), but some kind of nonsense...

I know you want to help me, but at first, Please, TRY it. get in SA-19 and try to shoot down anything. After that fly F18 low and straight a let AI shoot at you (watch for RWR and outside), you get no hard lock and no smoke outside.

Edited by GumidekCZ

I hit and destroy it the F-5, forget the aim circle. Might is for the GUN.

Your piper in the middle the small circle and the dot, you must guide the point on the enemy plane.

It is not easy anymore, or some think is broken on the seeker.

I did my mission 2 time and shoot 20? 9M311. Before.

I suggest shooting not at max. range 8km better is 5 to 6 km

Her in DCS World SA-19 is not a radar lock guided missile, it's an infrared missile.

Its use Mode 2 https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/sa-19.htm

You guide it with the small circle where the enemy plane is.

You can change the color of the piper by pressing "F"

See my TacView file

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

Tacview-20181017-130432-DCS-SA-19 Test.zip.rar

Edited by Thomas Loeffelmann

there are several things you need to change to get success.

first don't use the mouse to guide the Tunguska missiles, because the sensitivity. Use your main Joystick. if you have a software for it, tune the curves as need. if you don't have a software for it, tune the curves in DCS axis setup.

our Tunguska missile is the first version and it is command guided missile. that mean you need guide the missile manually, with mouse you gonna have a lot of headache.

also try to set your Tunguska invisible for AI because even when you are radar off they will find you first and attack first, so to be real you can be somewhere cover and set Tunguska invisible in ME. to be more real you can set your invisibility OFF after shot your first missile.

Next thing to keep in mind. First version of the Tunguska (the only in DCS) was made to face Helicopters or non high maneuver targets like cruise missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you sure on that? I mean, yes, the missile is definitely guided by radio command, but I was under the impression that even for the earlier models the fire control system provided these commands automatically by radar lock. Then again, I'm no expert at all.

I guess if it is not radar controlled the AI's accuracy with missiles is frankly ridiculous.

Concerning the actual DCS use, though: if you hit the middle mouse button (by default) you enter the alternative mouse mode which does not stop the movement when you stop the mouse, but lets you adjust direction and speed instead. This is much smoother usually.

I will do a try with the middle mouse button.

About the AI accuracy you are right. Anyways you find the same super features in some Systems like Roland ADS.

With Tunguska you can lock, but this lock is only worth it for the gun. Missiles are manually

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Middle mouse button is very very helpful, but there is still one Bug on ED side:

Why is the radar aim marker so down bellow?? This occurs often when plane is closing distance. Check the picture..

Was mentioned before. Does not work with missile mode, hit E to change to guns lock again and you will get the right hit calculation ones target is into the ~4km range.

Lock with radar only give you range, somebody told it also get automatic beam to the target in missile mode, but at the same time you give a warning lock so is not so smart make a lock at missile range, just as AI do without lock.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real system doesn't do this. Range comes from the E-band while the main radar directs the missile along a different axis than the optical LOS (optical track feeds into computer to help drive the missile steering radar). DCS behavior of "banana track" missile flying like a TOW is nonsense.

While guns selected, there is no aimpoint. While missile is selected the aimpoint is behind the airplane. Missiles are always missing the target. Even the enemy aircraft does not use flares, it fails to track. I read all comments but nothing works with Tunguska. I know how to use missiles and guns in CA but this SA-19 Tunguska definitely has some bug.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]