How to adjust controls faster?

draconus

Do you have any tips on how to adjust controls any faster? It takes a few minutes for each module. If I want to configure a few aircrafts I have to go through every single one (and even every single version of some, ie. Mig-29A/G/S). What is the General tab for then?

And if I want to clear some bindings I have to click on it and then on Clear button. Is there any key shorcut (sic!) for deleting selected binding or for moving the cursor to the next binding so I could click, move/del, click, move/del... way faster? The only way I could think of now is the touchscreen - I wish I could run it on my smartphone ;)

Or maybe the hard way - some file editing/scripts?

What bothers me, there are always some default bindings for virtual joystick devices which are only for headtracking software.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

For things like the MiG-29A/S/G (or all the FC3 birds for that matter) that are more or less identical, you can load entire control profiles and then just go in and fine tune the items unique to each airframe (wing fold/refueling probe/emergency AB/NWS for the Su-33 etc.)

Click on a controller column to highlight it and click the "load profile" button.

Navigate to c:/users/USERNAME/Saved Games/dcs (or dcs.openbeta) /config/input/AIRFRAMENAME (where controls are bound) /joystick

Select the appropriate file .lua file and it should copy all controls from your other airframe. Repeat that process for each controller you have connected.

For other stuff, you just have to invest the time as each airframe is unique. The good news is, most of the time, it's a one-time investment of a few minutes to set things how you like and then it doesn't change unless major development happens with the module. Yes, I'm aware there was just a kerfluffle re: control bindings, before someone feels compelled to point that out.

Select the appropriate file .lua file and it should copy all controls from your other airframe. Repeat that process for each controller you have connected.

It copies all controls from other airframes - do I get it right? How come?

Looks like T-Flight HOTAS X profiles are just for F-15C and Su-33 in FC3 anyway.

Click on the row you want to be cleared and click on the "clear category" button at top of the page.

That's it! Most helpful, thx. And it was right there but I didn't know what it does.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria