Further development yes / no? Perhaps...

kotor633

Hello,

I would be interested in whether or when it will continue with the development of the Gazelle? Nothing is read in the past in the changelogs. Although there is still a lot to do here. Why is nothing going on here?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Are you expecting more, if so, what?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hello,

I would be interested in whether or when it will continue with the development of the Gazelle? Nothing is read in the past in the changelogs. Although there is still a lot to do here. Why is nothing going on here?

Polychop has yet on initial stages to a new project (OH-58D). None has planned about further development on the Gazelle module.

Hi,

first, I hope this does not start a flaming here, but I could not hesitate to answer.

@Varis and Silver_Dragon: How can you talk about something that you have no insight?

We do update the Gazelle as we think it will receive an update and not a customer feels there is an update. Since non has insight to this besides our team, speculations are a bit unconstructiv.

But that is my personal thought.

About what we do and about what we keep shut is part of our company policy since this year, cause we learned that we stay communicativ, but we also have to stay focused on what we want to do. Do we want to talk to random individuals that are not linked to our projects or part of the aircraft industry, or do we want to spend our time on products that we want to produce?

Just because we are silent for a few weeks or there are no updates either for a few weeks on the Gazelle does that not incorporate that we are sleeping or gone into the blue jonder.

We will hopefully soon talk to puplic what we were up to the last 12 month, next to the updates of the Gazelle.

So as we had to learn it the hard way, we also hope that the people outside have the same, paitence.

And no, the "two weeks" joke is old and I can not read it anymore, cause it is more worn then a Mig15 todays :D

We will hopefully soon talk to puplic what we were up to the last 12 month, next to the updates of the Gazelle.

Thank you!

I have always loved and supported the Gazelle.

And I believe you DO care about your "baby" :thumbup:

AND understand the reasons for the lack of information.

So news, in any form, is welcome.

I await your next announcement!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

hey guy.

appreciate that anyone is taking up the module challenge to build aircraft.

realize that some of us did pay money for DCS modules.

but also we should understand what early access means.

but in general.. this is a tough community, especially with all the constant changes in the DCS engine, im sure everytime there is an update, it breaks 3rd party code.

i wish DCS focused on the engine it self rather than pushing out modules. now that 2.5 is here, and there are money maker modules like the F18 and F14, DCS can put more effort to stabilize the engine so 3rd party people dont have to take the brunt of constant drastic changes.

much support.

look forward to news!

hoping that the minigun would work properly in VR!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

@ The Team, Awesome. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Hi,

first, I hope this does not start a flaming here, but I could not hesitate to answer.

@Varis and Silver_Dragon: How can you talk about something that you have no insight?

We do update the Gazelle as we think it will receive an update and not a customer feels there is an update. Since non has insight to this besides our team, speculations are a bit unconstructiv.

About what we do and about what we keep shut is part of our company policy since this year, cause we learned that we stay communicativ, but we also have to stay focused on what we want to do. Do we want to talk to random individuals that are not linked to our projects or part of the aircraft industry, or do we want to spend our time on products that we want to produce?

Just because we are silent for a few weeks or there are no updates either for a few weeks on the Gazelle does that not incorporate that we are sleeping or gone into the blue jonder.

So as we had to learn it the hard way, we also hope that the people outside have the same, paitence.

And no, the "two weeks" joke is old and I can not read it anymore, cause it is more worn then a Mig15 todays :D

Did not think that someone from Polychop reports. But so much the better. With this statement, I can do something as the owner of the module. But the fact is that it has become very quiet around the gazelle lately. Therefore, it is understandable that we ask as a customer if / how / when it goes on with the gazelle. That was my intention behind this thread. No more and no less :thumbup:

hey guy.

i wish DCS focused on the engine it self rather than pushing out modules. now that 2.5 is here, and there are money maker modules like the F18 and F14, DCS can put more effort to stabilize the engine so 3rd party people dont have to take the brunt of constant drastic changes.

much support.

look forward to news!

hoping that the minigun would work properly in VR!

I can only agree with your statement!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Hi,

Thanks for the info! Yes the purpose was to gather what we players know, sorry for my clumsy wording of the question. As it is there is some misinformation/misunderstandings around ED forums, but some players also follow any news, podcasts or updates quite closely and can be good sources of information. Good to know that updates are coming.

Why this is important: Of course we are curious as we fly the module actively, but also one needs a range of reasonable expectations as a customer, so we don't go too far with wishes/requests, and can give useful feedback that can be worked on (eg. important bugs when any are around).

Will be interesting to hear of upcoming modules as well.

Peace and keep the rotors spinning!

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

• 1 month later...

Good to know you plan to keep developing the Gazelle. I really enjoy the module, even if the FM feels a bit "on rails". But I'm not a chopper pilot and I don't know if the SAS + Autopilot works that way. Surely the Ka50 fly very similar with the AP on, but once again, it is a totally different config.

What I'd ask for is more SP content. Instant missions, maybe a campaign with more diversity of hulls (not only the M model)

Oh, and maybe some balancing tweaks to the Mistral missile. Dunno if you ever played PvP on it but it is a bit over the top.

That being said I'm happy with the module as it is now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
I'm hoping for a better flight model... one that doesn't feel like MAC aircraft in helicopter form. Other than that, I'm fairly satisfied with the Gazelle.

I want to retract my statement about the Gazelle's flight model. I unticked the Force Feedback option in the Specials tab in settings. It flies as expected now, and is an absolute blast!!

I want to retract my statement about the Gazelle's flight model. I unticked the Force Feedback option in the Specials tab in settings. It flies as expected now, and is an absolute blast!!

Yes is a blast isn't it.:thumbup: :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.