Cycling through TWS targets?

falcon_120

The real aircraft will tell you good morning, brew your coffee and ask you if it should launch on automatically designated targets now or later. :D

But yes, to answer your question the real radar has the capability you describe and more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 5 months later...

I noticed that I can't launch two aim-120 at the same target. I'm watching how my missile go the wrong direction, but pressing the trigger doesn't do anything. Am I doing smthg wrong?

Извините за внимание

I noticed that I can't launch two aim-120 at the same target. I'm watching how my missile go the wrong direction, but pressing the trigger doesn't do anything. Am I doing smthg wrong?

How can we know?

Watch my track. There are two targets. I soft-lock one on TWS. I launch two missiles and they both hit the same target. I put my nose to the other target - not locked - on purpose, just to show how the missiles turn.

F-15C 2 missiles.trk

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I'd try to make myself more clear: in TWS mode I lock 2 targets; then I launch 1 AIM-120 to the first, and the second missile to the second target; after that TWS automatically switches lock to the first target; but if I try to launch the 3rd missile - nothing happens.

I noticed that if I switch to AIM-9 and back to AIM-120, then I can shoot again.

Извините за внимание

I'd try to make myself more clear: in TWS mode I lock 2 targets; then I launch 1 AIM-120 to the first, and the second missile to the second target; after that TWS automatically switches lock to the first target; but if I try to launch the 3rd missile - nothing happens.

I noticed that if I switch to AIM-9 and back to AIM-120, then I can shoot again.

Seems to be working for me, with a load out of 6 120c against three targets. Mixed loadout maybe?

As for launch order, personally I think it's easier to hit undesignate/RTS and start over. But.

Let's say you have two targets locked up, say the one on the right is primary and the one on the left is secondary. To switch the order, place the TDC cursor over the bogey on the right, hit "unlock TWS target." The one on the left now becomes the primary (and, for now, the only) target. Re-lock the one on the right, now *that's* the secondary target. Prego! Now it's time to start flying, cuz while you were futzing around with that, they just launched about 20 missiles at you.

Point being, this is kind of a cold-war-era system, designed to let an F15 or F14 take out a bunch of fat slow bombers from a long way off. Taking out four SU33's from 20 miles is another kettle of fish altogether (good luck with that). Among other things if you happen to have two targets close enough to give you a reasonably good chance of killing them, and you aren't dead yet, they are close enough to where the order probably doesn't matter much

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 1 year later...