Su-27 EO and F-15C AI

USA_Recon

I've been practicing the Su-27 offline against the F15-C. I've been noticing that I can only seem to pick the F-15C up in ILL radar mode, that the contact doesn't appear to me in EO mode. He is nearly straight ahead of me, perhaps slightly higher, and I've moved the radar up a few notches, etc.. and still no joy in EO mode.

1. I read it should pick him up if he is using military power. Does the F-15C AI not use military power ?

2. When flying against AI F-15C without radar he seems to have no trouble picking me up (vs when I go 1v1 vs. human, we see that with EO on and radar off, I don't show up in his RWR).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just part of an AI issue ?

Thanks

1. What range? It is fairly close sensor range like up to 20km esp. when hot aspect. AI uses the power it needs. A lot of AB too.

2. Yes, you're not on his RWR but AI still can and will use its radar very efficiently - and it will show on your SPO-15 instead.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

EO has far, far shorter range than your radar, and while you're closing with that F-15, he sees you on his radar all the time.

Your EO has the shortest range against a head-on, non-after-burning target, certainly far shorter than the radar range.

I've been practicing the Su-27 offline against the F15-C. I've been noticing that I can only seem to pick the F-15C up in ILL radar mode, that the contact doesn't appear to me in EO mode. He is nearly straight ahead of me, perhaps slightly higher, and I've moved the radar up a few notches, etc.. and still no joy in EO mode.

1. I read it should pick him up if he is using military power. Does the F-15C AI not use military power ?

2. When flying against AI F-15C without radar he seems to have no trouble picking me up (vs when I go 1v1 vs. human, we see that with EO on and radar off, I don't show up in his RWR).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just part of an AI issue ?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda