g29 clutch / brake / gas as rudder/brakes?

Hey, I was looking for rudder pedals, but I just spend a ton of money on the thrustmaster warthog, oculus rift, g29 wheel, and some other stuff so I cannot possibly justify another purchase to my girlfriend. I also find all of the rudder pedals absurdly expensive for a 3 axis only controller, regardless of how good/bad they are, so I was thinking, is it possible to use the g29 pedals as rudders?

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

You should be able to. I'm using an xbox 360 wireless racing wheel for rudders. Just try to assign an axis in the settings. I would think the pedals would have to be a single axis and not two separate.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Probably not since DCS looks for a single axis when assigning rudder input.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

You should be able to. I'm using an xbox 360 wireless racing wheel for rudders. Just try to assign an axis in the settings. I would think the pedals would have to be a single axis and not two separate.

you mean you're using the wheel for the rudders and not the pedals?

well yeah, the single axis must be a problem, but perhaps there's a way around, like some sort of virtual controller?

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Yeah each racing pedal is one axis each.

But rudders are not. Both pedal share one axis since both pedals are linked as they are in planes. And the only thing the two has in common is they are operated with feet.

One goes up, the other comes down.

You will have to merge two pedals into single axis using joystick gremlins or something similar.

And yes that works but it won't work very well compared to even the cheapest dedicated set of pedals.

I would recommend using the gas pedal and clutch to combine for rudder, at least those are somewhat close in mechanical response.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Can try this:

Open his link at the end of his post, for more details.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

You will have to merge two pedals into single axis using joystick gremlins or something similar.

No you don't..

Like the above post said, I have these settings from when I was using G25 pedals clutch/accelerator for rudder, before getting MFG.

--Joy_Slider2

Deadzone: 5

Saturation X: 100

Saturation Y: 50

Curvature: 0

Slider

--Joy_Y

Deadzone: 5

Saturation X: 100

Saturation Y: 50

Curvature: 0

Slider

Invert

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

this is AWESOME!!

thanks guys, saved my life. guess now I can breathe a little and save some money before I buy rudder pedals.

cheers

Rafael