BlueFlag: Persian Gulf - Official Round

Ciribob

Official Blue Flag Round 1 on Persian Gulf

We're ready to launch the official Blue Flag round this Friday, October 19th at 18:00 UTC. The round will last until Sunday, November 4th - or until the map is fully conquered - which ever comes first. The winner is the team holding the most objectives at the end of the time period.

Questions? Ask in #blueflag on Discord

All server state is saved, even through crashes, as well as unpacked units providing a dynamic online battle.

Any OPEN BETA updates during the round period will be applied to the server as soon as possible - unless a module is disabled or broken

TacView will be disabled on the server

To start your planning early - join the server and type either "red" or "blue" to set your selection for Friday. This will give you access to your teams HQ on Discord for Planning.

There will be NO side switches - once you've picked - it's final until the end of the round so think carefully before typing!

Full SOP here - not quite ready for PG but a lot of the info is valid: https://tinyurl.com/bf-sop-v2 - thanks to MorpheusXAUT and Dedde and many others

Please Note: When the server is restarting - DO NOT JOIN IT - wait until you see 30 seconds on the mission timer before trying to join.

Aircraft

Blue - Iran and Russia (Defenders)

F5E

Mig21

Mig29S

Mig29A

Su27

J-11

Su33

M2000C

AJS 37

KA50

SU25T

L39

TF51D

YAK-52

Mi8

UH1

TF-51D

Red - USA and UAE (Aggressors)

F5E

F15C

F/A-18C Hornet

A10-C

AV-8B Harrier

Hawk

TF51D

UH1

SA342L

SA342M

SA342Mistral

SRS IP: 54.36.126.186:5014

DCS Server IP: 54.36.126.186:10310

Live Map: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

Discord: https://discord.gg/mckCvTc

Patreon: Had Fun? - support us so we can continue to deliver events for the community! Every little helps cover our server costs and allows new servers in the future.

Thanks for all the support but mostly importantly - have fun!

After the round, an MVP for each side will be chosen and will be rewarded a free module sponsored by Eagle Dynamics - a huge thank you to ED for their support with that and the shoutout in the newsletter! Each coalition can vote for a MVP - in addition, each commander can give their own recommendation for a MVP-candidate. Using these player votes as well as collected stats, the BuddySpike team will choose a winner for each side.

BuddySpike Team

Xcom, Greg, Ciribob, Crash, Morpheus

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Time travelling? I'm in! You've put August :D

He probably means August 2019 ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ha! Hadnt had my coffee yet - fixed :)

Its this Friday - as per ED Newsletter

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ha! Hadnt had my coffee yet - fixed :)

Its this Friday - as per ED Newsletter

Fair enough :D

Looking forward to the event :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thx for organizing this event, Buddyspike team, and thx to ED for the prizes! Please everyone, let's make this event a great immersive combat simulation for both teams, join SRS while you fly. In-game you can type "-freqs"in allchat to get a message which frequencies to use for which purpose) https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

How about creating some kind of score for helo (transport) pilots for succesfully deploy troops capturing farp/airbase or setting up a SAM/EWR site.

How do you acknowledge their efforts without a score ? I'm aware we can vote for MVP in the end, but without score I'm afraid its gonna be very subjective.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

How about creating some kind of score for helo (transport) pilots for succesfully deploy troops capturing farp/airbase or setting up a SAM/EWR site.

How do you acknowledge their efforts without a score ? I'm aware we can vote for MVP in the end, but without score I'm afraid its gonna be very subjective.

Good point. And concerns the Silkworm HY-2 and Stinger/Iglas.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

That's more like it with a dedicated thread :thumbup:

Will you force schemes in order to help IFF? That'd be great.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

schemes
?

That's more like it with a dedicated thread :thumbup:

Will you force schemes in order to help IFF? That'd be great.

What the ...?! I meant skins, not schemes. How did that happen?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

autocorrect? :P

Skins are locked yes :)

No worries, we'll let people submit on a Google form who and why, I fly helis a lot so stats aren't the only thing we'll look for

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Skins are locked yes :)

No worries, we'll let people submit on a Google form who and why, I fly helis a lot so stats aren't the only thing we'll look for

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I know, you fly helis a lot. Would've loved to see you in one of the helicopters tournaments :smilewink: There is one coming up actually.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Total kills Top 10 after a little over 40 hours :) :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=196389&stc=1&d=1540121419

sketch-1540121252085.thumb.png.8d3e98967324d459458681b67f933a91.png

you guys have been busy :thumbup:

But remember that a kill is NOT the only way to have a successfull mission.

- Remember that if you stop the enemy from reaching his target, then that is also a mission success, no matter if he die or turn arround and fly home again. :)

After all, Buddyspike will decide whether some excellent fighter pilot or some excellent transport pilot is the MVP :thumbup:

I think the Blue shouldn't have 2 Kuznetsov's and it should be placed little bit far from Red coast. I noticed it launched multiple missiles on Oliver Hazard around Dubai which makes it MVP on its own lol.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Well THAT was a quick round. xD Even though red has more than 100 registrations more, interesting. Will the map just be reset and event continue? I was gonna join the event (red) in 2 days...

You need all types of aircraft to accomplish a mission. It's just that helicopters are the ones to seal it, so they're the last thing to remember seconds before sounding the victory, and as such considered by many most vital here in DCS.

Think of it as a football game. The goalkeeper is your SAM battery, while the defenders are the IR SAM's and AAA's. Midfielders are your fighters, while the wing-backs are the attackers. The helicopters are the ones to finish the job and therefore your centre forward. They score the goals! So they are considered most valuable, although the wing-backs (the strikers) carry the ball all the way forward (providing SEAD and CAS) for the centre forward (the helicopters) to score a goal (delivering cargo). The midfielders make sure the enemy doesn't counterattack and dominate the middle field (air superiority). So saying the centre forward is the one who decides the outcome of a match, and therefore most important is a bit unfair to the other players. Helicopters (centre forwards) are important no doubt, but so are the other types of aircraft.

Now, that's some horseshit up there, I know. I just felt like writing nonetheless. Don't mind me :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

It was quick, but action packed. Much fun, and great attendance. The amount of chat in discord over the last 3 days underlines the incredible interest and passion that the Blue Flag matches bring to DCS through the players.

I daresay that Blue Flag is a staple of DCS multiplayer. It certainly brought me into this sim in full force and has kept me interested to the exclusion of all other games.

it was a nice competition. i think i prefer PG to georgia. it's certainly easier to see targets.

the big change besides that was AMRAAM availability, which was interesting and i'm not sure how to feel about. i personally prefer SARH-only but B-77 wasn't too bad i think, though personally i felt that red (actually blue) was handicapped by the addition of the hornet as it's radar and SA-maintenance are pretty poor, and it's low top speed in combat configs means it will lose jousts it gets into if it doesn't have numerical superiority.

but yeah, fun round. please don't take 6mon before you run one again, blue flag is THE reason to play DCS imo.