FW190 Flying with one Wing

philstyle

Pretty often we see the FW190 fly with only one wing in the MP area.

Could this please be addressed?

Evidence - player flown Fw190. Completely flyable, and landable.

RAkCEHN.jpg

This does not look like one wing only.

Little sidenote: The FM developer has posted some great evvidence in the other thread about the spitfire being flyable with 1.5 wings.

Aren’t there enough bug reports that aren’t addressed that we don’t really need to be adding ones that aren’t meant to be serious in the first place?

Also no one has any problems with spits or any aircraft flying with wingtips missing. Missing one wing entirely to the wingroot, or still flying with no wings at all however is a bug.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Little sidenote: The FM developer has posted some great evvidence in the other thread about the spitfire being flyable with 1.5 wings.

the FM developer might have some good evidence of the spitfire being flyable with 1.5 wings...

but i would be interested in an explanation by the FM developer about the spitfire flying with 1.0 wings and still doing aerobatics with it...

and i would be even more curious about an explanation by the FM developer how the spitfire can sometimes on rare occasions still do it with 0.0 wings. :)

and as we are in a 190thread....i would be curious whether the FM developer is able to finally fix the mw50 bug at some point.

Edited by birdstrike

• ED Team
Pretty often we see the FW190 fly with only one wing in the MP area.

Could this please be addressed?

Evidence - player flown Fw190. Completely flyable, and landable.

RAkCEHN.jpg

Oh, no.....!!!

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Yo-Yo no one has a problem with one wing 30% off. Or even with one wing 50% off. But one wing 100% off seems a bit extreme so you not agree?

Phil already said his post above is a joke, made I assume in reference to the bug report in the spitfire section.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Hold up! I was the one flying that 190 and I’m the one that took the picture. Yo Yo is using video’s to illustrate flying with a minimal wing. That’s fine and dandy, in each illustration those are crippled planes limped back to the ground. What you don’t see in the 190 pic is that I wasn’t limping home. No I was doing 600km/h and still able to maneuver and fight. That’s far different from any of those videos. Same MP flying session, 190 with single elevator 100% combat effective no negative effect to maneuvering. Got any videos for that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• ED Team

Please track or screenshot. It could be a MP visualisation bug or AI bug.

• ED Team
Hold up! I was the one flying that 190 and I’m the one that took the picture. Yo Yo is using video’s to illustrate flying with a minimal wing. That’s fine and dandy, in each illustration those are crippled planes limped back to the ground. What you don’t see in the 190 pic is that I wasn’t limping home. No I was doing 600km/h and still able to maneuver and fight. That’s far different from any of those videos. Same MP flying session, 190 with single elevator 100% combat effective no negative effect to maneuvering. Got any videos for that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, and the key word is "600 kph". The more speed you have the easier to control he plane with a part of a wing. The problems begin as you are trying to land and reduce the speed.

Anyway, in RL nobody would keep fighting for fun (I think so, but there would be a situation you have to fight for your life having no way to escape) - in MP the cost of the virtual life is nothing...

P.S. Any time you perform a coordinated sideslip your plane has 1/3 of its wing with zero or even negative lift due to deflected aileron - but nothing bad happens...

Edited by Yo-Yo

I will try to take a look at the track next time it happens, but for the most part tracks in MP are useless, as they do not tell the truth anyway. After 10 minutes or so the planes are either so desynced that its nothing like what really happened, or the player plane just gives up and suicides into the ground.

9./JG27

Phil already said his post above is a joke, made I assume in reference to the bug report in the spitfire section.

Finally we get a response from the developer too, which is nice, now that I've gone overboard.

The Spitfire section of the forum has loads of bug reports where ED don't seem at all interested in interacting with us at all with respect to the product they've sold. At least this post got a rise from someone . . ..

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

This has been brought to discussion ad-nauseum and yet, from time to time, someone brings up this same question and usually Yo-Yo answers.

In a very old thread, maybe 2 yrs ago, I also posted some of the shots Yo-Yo posted above.

Is it plausible ? Yes from a flight simulation perspective and because the damage model is not complete, which doesn't really puzzle me since it's an ongoing work on a 40 buck add-on for a desktop flight simulation game ! IRL it would probably never happen because if the guy survived the hits he would have ejected ASAP...

But aerodynamically it is possible of course.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...