Please more developer notes!! :)

falcon_120

I love developer updates. Even very little updates on how some system is progressing; FLIR, AG radar, TWS implementation whatever... It does not have to be pretty, or too detailed, it could be just a screenshot, or a description on what are being the major problems they are facing...

So basically this thread is to say, keep them coming! Do not doubt on sharing something for the fear of critics on how alpha it is or whatever. I'm sure 90% of this community prefer this information, even though there are a small number of trolls complaining about everything.

I love developer updates. Even very little updates on how some system is progressing; FLIR, AG radar, TWS implementation whatever... It does not have to be pretty, or too detailed, it could be just a screenshot, or a description on what are being the major problems they are facing...

So basically this thread is to say, keep them coming! Do not doubt on sharing something for the fear of critics on how alpha it is or whatever. I'm sure 90% of this community prefer this information, even though there are a small number of trolls complaining about everything.

ED share info when has something to remarks. That method with you propose was use some years ago by part of the community started "flame wars" about that type of news, talking about of "promises never comply by ED". Now we have the Wags F/A-18C remarks and the Week News.

ED share info when has something to remarks. That method with you propose was use some years ago by part of the community started "flame wars" about that type of news, talking about of "promises never comply by ED". Now we have the Wags F/A-18C remarks and the Week News.

Hornet miniupdates are great, so are newsletters. This post is actually to encourage those even more regularly. If i were to be picky, i feel that sometimes they are telling progress when its almost there, a good example would be the JHMCS, or new radar functionality. What i'm saying is: "I like this so much that even if last week you tell me you've worked on the implementation of the FLIR with no progress I would be happy to hear about it"

So all in all, I'm not complaining, but expressing publicly that if Wags hold himself from publishing something because is not there yet or its in a very early alpha state, I'd rather hear about it, thats all.

On a sidenote, I know that flamewars can be an issue, for this reason I think that having a close thread where we cant post is indeed the best option, like the hornet miniupdates thread.

I agree, it would be very useful. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Developer updates for this module have been great! Little by little the systems are coming to life and the insight of what has to be considered to bring the most realistic performance humbles me and helps my patience.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well we asked for it...

Update time!

As mentioned in a recent newsletter, we are pushing hard for JHMCS with AIM-9X support, Maverick, FPAS page, and corrected A/A antenna logic after undesignated button lock release. All is looking good, but the AGM-65F and G versions will unfortunately not be ready until next month.

We, for the most part, have four guys working on Hornet systems and here is what they are working on:

1- JHMCS. Afterward he moves on to the HARM.

2- AGM-65E. Once done, then AGM-65F and G.

3- A/A radar antenna. When complete, then LTWS.

4- FPAS page. Then after that, then probably “soft lock” IFF or Data Link / SA page.

The Hornet systems team is working full time on the Hornet, but some of the items are complex and take time. No one is slacking off.

Once the Maverick and HARM are fully functional, we’ll start work on the second Hornet mini-campaign.

We have ten new training missions in work that include:

IFR Airfield Approach

Carrier Taxi and Takeoff

Carrier CASE I Recovery

A/A Gun

AIM-9L/M

AIM-120

A/G Gun

Rockets

CCIP Bombs

CCRP Bombs

You may be saying to yourself, “but Wags, you forgot CASE II,III and AIM-7!” Negative Ghostrider, we need those items to be completed before we can make the training mission for them (full comm for CASE II,III and HOJ mode for the Sparrow).

Supporting tech like the A/G radar (we lost our original engineer on this) and an improved FLIR rendering system are in work and are fundamental to A/G radar implementation and the ATFLIR.

So things are moving forward at a good clip, but this is a very complex product and it will take time.

Thank you for your patience!

Matt

Thanks Matt. I hope our petition for more insight didn't come off bad. For me personally I love hearing from you and it does generate enthusiasm.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Wow, I am impressed again.

That is community work at its best, thanks Wags, thanks ED!

Btw:

I am not 100% sure but I assume you have switched your development process to Scrum with 2 week sprints some time ago.

IMHO this was a great decision and works really well. Especially the fact that Wags is doing all the introduction videos on youtube prior to releasing a new feature is outstanding.

Buying the Hornet in EA and waiting the 2 week period for new gimmicks is like having christmas 26 times a year. I am so glad that I did not wait untill the module is feature complete.

Keep up all the excellent work and I hope you find a replacement for your lost employee.