DCS Marsden Farp

SUNTSAG

Thanks a lot for your work!

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Great mod, Suntsag. I love the matting and functionality.

Just one thing. I notice to use this mod you have to remove your previous Harrier Field mod and lose all the wonderful static objects that came with it. Will these objects be plugged back into the Marsden FARP mod at some point? Or have you created a standalone mod for these objects?

Edited by Andrei Dragovic

"Lawyer by Profession, Pilot by Heart...and self-confessed Harrier tragic"

Great mod, Suntsag. I love the matting and functionality.

Just one thing. I notice to use this mod you have to remove your previous Harrier Field mod and lose all the wonderful static objects that came with it. Will these objects be plugged back into the Marsden FARP mod at some point? Or have you created a standalone mod for these objects?

I will be creating a new mod that will contain those items plus some additional NATO Troops which will be standalone and not just skins. I will also add to this pack a desert livery for the netting. Cheers. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
There are some very flat cleared areas on the normandy map which look like ED planned to plop an airfield there but never finished them. I'l try get some screenshots and location markers

Remember...ED has been adding airfields to the maps over time...were getting something like 6 new airports next week for Nevada..."Never Finished them" might just mean havn't released them yet...

:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

were getting something like 6 new airports next week for Nevada..."

Wasn't it the Persian Gulf map though?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

This is so cool! :thumbup:

Since the static template has Parking Spots, am I assuming correctly that they can be addressed in the ME for Take Off From Ramp?

If that's is correct, is there a way to add Parking Spots to a normal airfield Ramp?

There are some Ramps on airfields, where according to the ground lines on the Ramp, there are Parking Spots not programmed into DCS to be used in the ME, and I'd like to be able to add usable Parking Spots to these unused Parking Spots.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

It maybe possible as the parking slot mats are actually FARPS and can be placed as such but for aircraft you will need the plane spawn anywhere mod. You can then ground spawn the aircraft in the ME.

It will also depend on the map mesh at that airfield.If it is nice and flat then placing the Marsden FARP won't be an issue...... if not it will appear to float.

The other option that I have had work, is to place the X1 mat found under UNARMED which should be fine when placed. Again Ground spawn the aircraft and rearming at the airfield is possible. I tested this at Maupertus with a Spiti and it worked for rearming.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've tried the 'ground spawn' ME mod. Every time I spawn an aircraft on the ground, it's already moving at at least stall speed, and then tries to take off, regardless of what's in the way. It's like an an airstart, only with the aircraft actually on the ground with wheels down etc. It's a mess; at least the mod that I downloaded.

I was therefor hoping since you can create a FARP mat with the characteristics of it being used for start from ramp, one might be able to make a 'FARP mat' without the mat, or with it having almost no thickness, about the size of a dime, so practically invisible, to be placed where needed.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hello,

First of al, thank you for your effort. I´ve tried your mod, but it is not working for all planes. For example, I tried Su25, and it is not recognising any farp, surface, mat, area,... nothing. It is not possible to rearm there. MiG21 - main landing gear crashes to it and it stays damaged. Front gear is ok when is on your farp, but main gear damages when it touchs your farp. I have tried many types, places and also your template, but it is not working.

With helicopters is everything ok, but those planes as I mentioned are bugged.

Thank you

Screen_181202_153108.thumb.png.0deeca54cf48789296e0d97de7c6f63f.png

Screen_181202_172744.thumb.png.0fc24cad3fede723edbb35bdedae3bc3.png

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

I've tried the 'ground spawn' ME mod. Every time I spawn an aircraft on the ground, it's already moving at at least stall speed, and then tries to take off, regardless of what's in the way. It's like an an airstart, only with the aircraft actually on the ground with wheels down etc. It's a mess; at least the mod that I downloaded.

I was therefor hoping since you can create a FARP mat with the characteristics of it being used for start from ramp, one might be able to make a 'FARP mat' without the mat, or with it having almost no thickness, about the size of a dime, so practically invisible, to be placed where needed.

With the changes in the Place aircraft anywhere mod it can only apply to CLIENT or PLAYER aircraft. AI will not work at all. So in essence Spawn the AI in actual parking slots at the airfield in question and make the Mats Player Or Client only. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

First of al, thank you for your effort. I´ve tried your mod, but it is not working for all planes. For example, I tried Su25, and it is not recognising any farp, surface, mat, area,... nothing. It is not possible to rearm there. MiG21 - main landing gear crashes to it and it stays damaged. Front gear is ok when is on your farp, but main gear damages when it touchs your farp. I have tried many types, places and also your template, but it is not working.

With helicopters is everything ok, but those planes as I mentioned are bugged.

Thank you

There is no bug its just that only certain aircraft have the undercarriage strength to be spawned on an object using the Spawn aircraft anywhere mod. The worst aircraft for this are the FC3 versions. Its a shame but thems the breaks. The AV8B can of course spawn at a FARP.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you please point me to the start-anywhere mod you are using?

Many t(h)anks in advance.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Maybe I'm a bit mentally challenged, but when I copy the 'WWII MarstonMat' folder into 'c:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\' and then try to find the Marston Mats... I can't find any.

Also, 'UNARMED' and 'FORTIFICATIONS'?

What am I doing wrong? :huh:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Maybe I'm a bit mentally challenged, but when I copy the 'WWII MarstonMat' folder into 'c:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\' and then try to find the Marston Mats... I can't find any.

Also, 'UNARMED' and 'FORTIFICATIONS'?

What am I doing wrong? :huh:

Needs to be this folder structure, the instructions are not very clear:

Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\WWII MarstonMat

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Thanks Phil! :thumbup: Would have been too easy were it posted correctly in the first post :smilewink:

... and after looking around looking around like a mad-man, the classes 'UNARMED' and 'FORTIFICATIONS' are both under Vehicles :doh:

Also, a tip for SUNTSAG, if the 'Static Templates' folder under 'WWII MarstonMat' is named 'StaticTemplate' it can be copied --static templates and all-- directing into ..\DCS{.openbeta} :huh:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

For Aircraft if you follow this...... you will have it sorted. Cheers.

@SUNTSAG ... This is a fantastic mod. I'm interested in using it to add Luftwaffe airfields (there is only one provided at the moment). So far, using your mod, I've built several totally new airfields on the Normandy map and they look great. However, there are some comments/questions/etc.

1. I need about 9 (3x3) MARSTON_MAT_X28 units to make a runway big enough for my landing skills. The issue is that the lights along the runway edge are then down the middle parts of the overall field too. In order to have a good WW2 strip, is it possible to remove the lights completely? I.e. steel mat only?

2. There are two MARSTON_MAT_X28 objects. One is a Ground Vehicle and the other is a Static object. Which one are you supposed to use as a runway?

3. I've tried landing a FW 190 D-9 on the mats (both the ground-vehicle and static-object types), but I find no matter how carefully I try to land, the undercarriage collapses. I am guessing that the FW190 is not capable of using these mats, or is it a more general issue with fixed-wing aircraft?

4. Do you need to use anything in addition to the mats to make them function as a runway? I mean, do you need to add the "grass field" object or something?

5. PS: I am using your suggestion to get aircraft to spawn anywhere. This seems to work for some aircraft (e.g. L-39), but none of the warbirds. It strikes me that perhaps only FARP-using aircraft can function in this way (the Harrier II and helicopters being the obvious examples). When I implement the change to "me_route.lua", I certainly get the option to start on the ground for the FW 190 and Bf 109. However, in the mission they are always about 1 metre above ground, flying at about stall speed. Have you managed to get any of the warbirds to start parked on the ground? Either the full modules, or even the free TF-51D?

Thanks!

PS: All my tests were done with the aircraft type set to "Client". (I noted the earlier comment regarding this not working for AI.)